18 Replies Latest reply: Dec 17, 2011 1:05 AM by anadyr RSS

Unauthorized again?

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

When posting a very positive post about London's Grosvenor Marriott, I try to post a picture of surrounding attractions, here is what I get instead:

Unauthorized

You don't have permission to do the requested action. You might need to log in to the system before you can continue.

Access to this place or content is restricted. If you think this is a mistake, please contact your administrator or the person who directed you here.

I this happening to others?  I don't thing showing a picture of a Marriott property or The Marble Arch is "Offensive"!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, England
  • Unauthorized again?
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Were you logged in or timed out--this has been my experience after an hour away from the site

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Unauthorized again?

No, was not "Timed out".  The picture comes up now?

Maybe you just can't post pictures on a Community Manager post?

DSCN0013_0006.jpg

Looks like a lockout pn CM posts--have you asked Andy?

SS,

Thanks! 

It's on/off all the time with posting pictures for me.  Right now it is "Off".

Just sent him a message and asked about posting pictures on his posts.

Hope this gets resolved

SS,

After getting the picture to post, I went back to try to post on CM post, and it would not work.  I guess the CM does not want pictures on their post?

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

NathalieF , Can you confirm if pictures are not enabled for your postings, or not?  Thank you.

tryt53,

Thanks! 

This picture would not post a minute ago!  Do you find anything about this picture offensive?  Will try again. (Note, DID NOT WORK on appropriate site.)

DSCN0012_0005.jpg

I think you are running into software bugs like I, and others have.  While I haven't tried posting pictures for a while, I have gotten the not-authorized error trying to see some listings that I followed links to, and I was signed in at the time.  If you want to let me know which specific discussion you are trying to post to, i will see if I get the error also.  I can even try the same picture, if it is the one you just put up with the Grosvenor House showing.

Tryt,

For some reason, the photo's are now working!  On again/Off again?

It really seems like this site is becoming more unstable, not necessarily better.  They have added some nice improvements, it just seems they are adding some software glitches when doing all of this.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

That's what I'm getting, Jerry.

Professor and all,

My pictures were not too large, they have been posted before.  I think the only that causes this is "Trying to post pictures on CM posts"!

Will try again, and see what happens when I do.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Hi everyone, I wanted to pass along an update. We've opened a support ticket with the information a few of you have been able to provide, but please pass along a description to Community Manager when you encounter something like this with as much detail as possible to help troubleshoot. What you were doing before, the url, specific error messages, etc.

thanks for your help and cooperation!

Andy

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

I just received an error myself when trying to post my previous reply. We just identified the culprit today so we're working on this fix and I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, if you see an error after clicking "add reply," DO NOT click it again (that creates duplicate posts). You can work around it by clicking "cancel" and refreshing the page to see your post. It's far from ideal, I know, but I hope you'll continue your travel discussions and we'll keep you posted.

I'll remove these duplicate posts as I come across them, but feel free to send me the url if you find one.

thanks!

Andy

Thanks for the information!

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

You would have thought that they would have corrected this problem already as it has been here for several weeks or more now!!!

• Unauthorized again?

Jerry I blame someone but am not sure who it can be?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...