13 Replies Latest reply: Dec 15, 2011 10:28 AM by nuhusker RSS

Post of the week?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

As another marketing idea, why not have the Stewards collectively vote on that post that they feel is the best of a given period, say of a week?  This post could then be featured on the welcome page as an example of a travel related post or question that seems to embody what MRI is all about.

Comments?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Post of the week?
    lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

Another great idea!  Hopefully the post that they select is 'travel" related!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Yep should be and could be too,

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Good idea!

The "Family" story featuring Europe, with pictures was very impressive (kchandler, 12/7/11).  We need more "Newcomers" with travel questions.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I like the idea too.  We could have a specific day (like Monday) where the previous week's are all in?

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Why note just give the prize for post of the week to the post with the most "likes"?  what's the advantage of having appointed stewards voting?  why not have all insiders vote?

NU,

Good thinking!  Sounds pretty democratic and fair.

Well, I bring this up because during one of the earlier versiions of insiders, there was a "best vacation story" or something to that effect.  I posted some info about one of my trips which received 8 to 10 "likes" which was substantially more than any others, yet the "winner" of the best story was arbitrarily selected by the then-site moderator and some of his staff.  Doesn't seem to me that moderators, community managers, or stewards are in any better position to select a "winner" than any of the rest of us.

Great idea

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

Where was the location of your vacation in reference to the "best vacation story"?

WRAMC

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I like that too.  Even the Stewards don't have enough time to read all the reviews and postings, and could very easily miss a great review!

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I'll guessing the Stewards can find time if they give up their weekends and cut back a couple hours of sleep each night.

I have to admit that I rarely click on the "Like" button...it's not that I wouldn't, it's just not been a top of mind focus. Do you think if we moved the location of the "Like" button folks would use it more often?

All of these proposals are great...nothing sells better than FREE.

NU,

Yes, I remember that contest.  You make a great point. 

Likewise, Tryt, is also right on!  Let the "Like" button determine what people really like. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...