19 Replies Latest reply: Dec 14, 2011 9:48 PM by anadyr RSS

Airplanes of the past

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I sat right next to this fellow when I was taking a PSA (does that date me) flight between Monterey and Los Angeles.funt.jpg His comment was. "No we're not!" and we both laughed and chatted the whole time down state!

His name is and he's famous for?

And no it was not because of the Cabin Crew! Or maybe it was?

PSA2.jpg

psa.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Airplanes of the past
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

SS,

It's not Ricky Ricardo, but how about T. Fluentes?

Great pictures, but that had to be a short flight, but interesting .

I flew with Col. Sanders one time from Wichita, Ks to St. Louis and he was dressed in the outfit he is pictured in.   What a nice man!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Allen Funt - Host of Candid Camera!!!

Yep Allen it was--we actually told people on the plane after we landed that it was a Candid Camera espisode!

SS,

That was a great show!

Glad you shared this travel story with us.

And an even greater airline!  Started the same time as Southwest but never got as far.

SS,

I try not to fly Southwest, it is a "Stress test", and I always flunk.  Wish I could have taken PSA, but never did.

I find SW tolerable as long as you understand the mantra there--festival seating and all.

SS,

Yes, you are right!  Many places I fly, I have no choice but SW.  I always buy the $10 extra "Early Boarding", and it is well worth it.

I do too Jerry it's worth the money not to be last on board.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I have not flown SW for years, so it's nice to know about the tip, and if we do fly with them, I will definitely pay the extra $10!  Thanks.

worth it!

Sounds like a bargain to me!!!

I have never flown Southwest Airlines. I am a million miler with Continental and now United so I almost 100% of the time travel with Continental and now United to get the best customer care as possible, even though at times this service is not very good!!!

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

I loved that show and watched it religiously.  My wife and I were at a screening once, and I volunteered (got selected from the audience) to be on the show.  Was part of a commercial promo--my      5 minutes of fame!

Our daughter was on when they filmed here but the show did not air--who can say why? Peter, Allen's son, is now a columnist.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

I never liked the version of Candid Camera when Peter took over.

I agree--he was not as gentle as his Dad

Allen made the show..His son was doomed for failure!!!!

And his political bent is not to my liking either

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...