1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 11, 2011 10:03 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Renaissance Baton Rouge (Louisiana) Hotel

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

The Renaissance Baton Rouge is a Category 4 hotel which has been open about 2 months.  It is really a beautiful hotel.  The lobby is currently decorated for Christmas and is quite stunning.  We were warmly met by one of the desk clerks (we found out the next morning that he is the manager of a Renaissance in another city who was helping out) who walked out from behind the check-in desk to greet us.  There are three check-in desks which are enclosed in glass. (They are visible on the website.)  Check-in was fast and easy.  The hotel  does not provide complimentary breakfast for elite members.  The restaurant, Tallulah, has gotten primarily good reviews on Trip Advisor.  We did not have time to eat there.

Our room was beautiful.  Unfortunately, we did not take any pictures of our room and there are none on their website yet.  Of course, everything is new.  The bed was so comfortable with luxorious linens.  Our room overlooked the pool and an outdoor bar area.  I'm sure they will both be more popular in warmer weather.   

The bathroom was larger than most. The glass-enclosed shower was wonderful.  Some of the rooms have bathtubs and these can be requested in advance.  The bathroom has a frosted glass sliding door.  The towels were quite nice (even my husband commented on them).  Our 37" flat screen had a great picture; however, we could not get a signal for ESPN or ESPN2.  There wasn't anything on that we wanted to see, so we didn't mention it until we checked out.  The clerk told us she would give us points for our trouble.  I told her that I did not expect points; however, I received an email shortly after we checked out stating bonus points had been awarded to our account.  When I checked my MR account, they had already been added.

Self-parking is complimentary.  Paid valet parking is also available.  The Mall of Louisiana is nearby, as is Perkins Rowe, an upscale shopping/dining complex.

I highly recommend this hotel and look forward to another stay soon.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel
  • Re: Renaissance Baton Rouge (Louisiana) Hotel
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Razorback,

Your opinion is greatly respected and appreciated.  This sounds like a great place.

Will give it a try!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...