5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2011 3:56 PM by painedplatinum RSS

Transparency?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

boat.jpgAre we getting it?  See this article  about fine details in credit card rewards.

Sounds as if we're not.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Transparency?
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

When the points post on my MR account for the Credit Card they're broken down into the following categories:

AIR/CAR/DINE Spend ( 1 entry per month)

MARRIOTT  Spend  ( up to 4 entries per month)

NON MARRIOTT Spend  ( 1 entry per month)

I have been attempting to match up the MARRIOTT spend entries and hotel stays.  I get sorta, kinda, maybe, close... not easy to do. It looks as if the 4 entries for MARRIOTT spend may correlate with week ending days, ie. Sundays. It may also include when the individual hotel reports the charges.

I'm still working on it. Anyone try looking at this? Any theories out there?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Are you checking the Chase or the Marriott list?

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

At least for me, that is what appears on both.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Stones,

I'm cross checking the info on marriott.com, my account.  From the Account Activity page I copied and pasted the info to an excel worksheet. I then sorted into the different categories such as stays, bonus, awards, etc. The credit card data on marriott's site is broken down as I've listed in the original post. From that data, I tried to line up the paid stays vs. the MARRIOTT spend. I figured that whatever shows up in my account on Dec. 6th, for example, should be able to be matched up with stay activities from Oct/Nov. What is missing are the taxes for each stay. I can approximate them. It's still not a smooth comparison. I'm wondering if the PGMan has done some work on this?

He may have. I'd send that comparison to MR and to Chase to see if they react.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...