15 Replies Latest reply: Dec 21, 2011 3:55 PM by painedplatinum RSS

What would you do with 400000 points? Any clever or interesting ideas?

boolka6 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Im just curious what people would do or have done with this amount of pounts

Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Paris, France Marriott Hotels & Resorts Paris Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel
London, England
Vail, Colorado, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Downtown/The Gulch
Barcelona, Spain The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Arts Barcelona
  • Re: What would you do with 400000 points? Any clever or interesting ideas?
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

boolka6,

It would help if you would share where your "Dream" trip desires would take you.  I am sure we could help you with that trip on this site.

For me, it would be Paris, Marriott C-E, for one week.  For 360,000 points you would get a break on air fair, and I would forget the rental car.  What a week you could have!

For more information and options, go to the "Rewards" section on the site, and view the packages and options.  One thing to consider is that you may want to book your trip very early, as the great places tend to book up early.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
    Paris, France Marriott Hotels & Resorts Paris Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel
    chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews

boolka6

Nice total to be spending!  Without knowing where you are based or how many travelling, it is difficult to make a suggestion. 

Personally, I would take one of the Travel Packages ... the 330K one that gives 120K air miles and 1 week in a Cat 7 hotel.  That would give me 2 British Airways return flights from London Heathrow to Washington DC (Dulles) in Premium Economy and a week in the JW on Penn.  If you were to do this in reverse, the best Marriott (personal preference) in London would be County Hall, but that's a Cat 8, so would need a 360K package.

If you share your 'dream' as I have just seen Jerry suggests, we may be able to be even more creative.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Boo,

Let's go stay at a couple of Cat. 7 Hotels this year.

The first stay can be at The Cayman Islands. Just you and your sweetie. 5 nights will set you back 140,000 points. Add a 6th night for 35,000, if you'd like.

The second stay can be more family related. Lets take the two little ones to Vail Marriott Mountain Resort and Spa if you're into fun in the snow.  Same tab..140 for 5 nights or 175 for 6.

Total 280,00 up to 350,000....lets you keep 50,000 to 120,000 in the bank.

Cat. 6 Hotels work, too.      If it's sun and fun the family likes , let's head to one of the 7 Marriotts or 1 JW in Orlando. The 5 nights at 120,000 or 6 at 150,000 may save you enough to plan another trip next year!!!

Vail is a great choice! 

Recently stayed there and with the air service nearby, we flew from MSP directly to the Rockies, and bypassed Denver.

Wonderful family hotel and downtown.

Location Brand Hotel
      Vail, Colorado, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Downtown/The Gulch

Chris,

You're headed my way and I am headed yours! 

Glad you commented on London County Hall Marriott, that's a great suggestion, and my 2nd choice!

boolka, would be very wise to search some of the previous posts on "Wherever" their desires are leaning toward.

Location Brand Hotel
    London, England
    thecamel Platinum

Where can you find these travle packages (flight + hotel) using points?

I have never them on the site,

Thanks!

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Nothing clever, but there are a lot of dream vacations out there.

• Surf the Category 8 and 7 lists - particularly for Paris and London and Rome (or NYC if you're not in the area) - some real gems there - but there's also some superb 6's (for example, folks rave about the two coastal resorts in Costa Rica;
    • Check out the higher-tier Ritz Carlton selections - last summer we burned 480,000 points (OK, it was two NICE rooms, because we took my mother-in-law) at the Ritz Carlton Hotel Arts in Barcelona (elsewhere on this site, I've raved about that).

ENJOY YOURSELF!!!

Location Brand Hotel
    Barcelona, Spain The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Arts Barcelona
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Boo,

What's the word? Have you used the 400K? If so, how did it go? Were you persuaded by any of the suggestions thrown out by the group?

To my MRI friends...... Any other interesting ways to spend the 400,000?

• What would you do with 400000 points? Any clever or interesting ideas?
    boolka6 Gold 60 Reviews

Thanks For all the ideas Guys!

I decided to go to both the Cayman Islands and To Rome!

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...