9 Replies Latest reply: Dec 16, 2011 2:40 PM by missgee RSS

Marriott mPulse - anybody else had an invite?

johnaalex Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I just got this email

"Dear John

Marriott Hotels & Resorts is launching a small private online community called Marriott mPulse and would like to extend to you the opportunity to participate.

What is it:

Think of this small private online community as a cross between Facebook and an online focus group.  We're aiming to create a unique community of expert travelers like yourself, who have informed opinions on traveling and full service hotels, and want to share those insights. We will be sharing new designs, food & beverage ideas, service programs, senior executive questions, etc. and this is an opportunity to speak your mind and directly impact the thinking of a leading hotel brand to improve your travel experiences."

There is a short survey to see if you meet the criteria for membership and you get the result in a few days.

If I am "lucky" enough to be selected the first thing I will tell them is that the survey was completely US centric with questions such as "where do you live - [I]city and state[/I]. Hopefully London, England won't cause too much confusion

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott mPulse - anybody else had an invite?
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I never got such an invitation, but would absolutely agree that it is US-centric.  It's one of the reasons I have always suggested (as mentioned in an earlier post today) that dollar(equivalent)s spent should count as much as nights toward status.  I almost always stay on research trips in Europe and the Middle East, and between the much higher prices and the currency exchange rate, I pay a ridiculous amount for about 4-5 nights compared to almost anywhere I could stay in the US.  Based on last year's 10-12 trips abroad (thanks to sabbatical!) I calculated that it would have equaled about the same amount of nights in terms of stays as if I had stayed a whole year in a Fairfield Inn or Courtyard in the US. But I have nowhere near the nights I need to maintain status even then, partially because I was in locations (Avignon, Cordoba, Venice (except for one night at the airport) and several other places where there was or is no Marriott presence.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shannongrates Platinum 3 Reviews

Here is the link in case anyone would like to try to participate:

http://survey.marriottmpulse.com/

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Thanks for the link.  I took the survey.  probably won't be selected to participate since I don't communicate via facebook, etc.

shannongrates Platinum 2 Reviews

nuhusker, I thought the same thing as I'm not a facebooker either.  I had to laugh when they asked me to break out my stays by property type and # nights...don't they have that on hand easier than I do?:)

shannongrates -- I agree with your assessment and am laughing with you about the same thing.  I could only guess anyway, since I don't keep that information real handy.

I took the survey and it appeared to me that where appropriate there was the capability to list your country if not US.  maybe you took a different survey than the one linked below by shannongrates.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Yes, I did -- I got this random email, which I usually don't look at, but because it offered me 500 pts in my hotel program of choice, I took it.  I still don't quite know how that 500 miles will be credited, since I was given a choice of hotel reward programs, unless it was embedded in the link and would only respond if I answered Marriott.

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

Holy smokes.  I was interested in participating but.... Good Lord, that survey.  As the others say.... who can remember how many nights you've stayed in each brand, etc?  I guess I'll rely on The Chosen to report back.  lol

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

Holy smokes.  I was interested in participating but.... Good Lord, that survey.  As the others say.... who can remember how many nights you've stayed in each brand, etc?  I guess I'll rely on The Chosen to report back.  lol

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...