3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2011 9:28 PM by salvatore RSS

E certificates

salvatore Gold 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have been so frustrated with this e-certificate program where you stay four times you get 2 nights at a Cat 4 hotel.

I used to be able to use these e-certificates for 2 bedroom suites at Residence INN by paying $40 extra per night, now that has been completely eliminated.  Also, I find when you call the 1-800 line they are very rude, even when I ask them if the program of paying a difference has been changed they just answer it never existed, but I have done this as recently as a month ago and they still answer impossible.  It seems that the rules for points and e-certificates change daily and/or depending who answers the phone.  No consistency.  Very very disappointed and frustrating.

Mr. Bill Marriott, I would love it if one day you would pretend to be an Elite client and try to use the Marriott points or free nights to book a room.  I am sure you would find many gaps in the way agents are trained.

I find the agents are becoming extremely  rude over the phone.  I am at the point where I might use the points in my account and move my business to Hilton.

Sam

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: E certificates
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I wasn't aware of the "pay extra" feature you've referenced. I know IHG does something like that, but I haven't seen that available at Marriott. Did you book these reservations through the online site or call the hotel direct to set them up with the local personnel?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I think the 'pay extra' is starting to apply to more and more Marriott things -- as I complained about last year when I refused to pay (after using Reward Points) for an upgrade to a better room at the Rive Gauche.  The experience at the front desk, as some of you may recall since I so graphically described it, made me feel not only not like a Platinum Premier, but not even a cared-about Marriott customer.  Then I found I was put in the tiniest room I'd ever been in at that hotel, with a view facing the southern (not pretty) parts of Paris.  My experience is that the tack-ons of money for supposedly guaranteed upgrades is most prevalent in France and England.  I never had any problems in Belgium or Greece, where I was upgraded to phenomenal rooms (always) with no extra charges.

I know this is different from e-certs, but I think it speaks to a broader problem.

salvatore Gold 4 Reviews

This was all booked through the 1-800 phone line.  It all depends who you get on the phone.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...