1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 6, 2011 7:57 PM by painedplatinum RSS

Budget hotels

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

budget.jpg

Hopefully this is not the upgrade we asked for!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Budget hotels
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Looks like a MOTEL I stopped at in eastern Ohio, just off the turnpike. I was driving a U-Haul with a family member's furniture from Philly to Chicago. Around 1:00 AM I hit the proverbial wall and decided to get a room and complete the trip in the morning. Well, I exited the turnpike and asked the toll taker if there were any nice, clean hotels near by. The reply was there were hotels up and down the road right off the TP. I didn't think of it at the time, but he didn't say nice and he didn't say clean. The first MOTEL was the single level, park in front of your room type. The office reeked of incense...back in the truck!!!  The 2nd was no better. I was too tired to get back on the pike so I rolled the dice with the 3rd. Same style as #1 and #2. The manager on duty spoke through the bullet proof glass and recommended that I park the truck around back, out of sight. YIKES!...

The room was above a garage type building, behind the motel, up a fire escape type stairs. I slept with a chair against the look and one eye open for 3 hours and beat it on down the road.  That was the first time in my life I had ever spent a night in a hotel/motel as a young adult. Two years later I stayed in the Long Island Marriott and the rest is history.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...