5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2011 5:59 PM by lone6star RSS

Member Benefits - No longer shows PP benefits

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

body>

Anyone notice the MR benefits page has been revamped? It no longer shows the PP status when I log in, so does this mean the PP dedicated line # has also vanished? (Joking about the #). In fact, I cannot find any mention of Platinum Premier on any of the benefit pages. What does this mean?

Hotel Membership Benefits - More Benefits to Discover

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Member Benefits - No longer shows PP benefits
    absolutelegend1 Platinum 2 Reviews

I am PP but not really aware of what the benefits are.  Care to enlighten me due to it not being listed on the Benefits page?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

Its definitely missing, perhaps an oversight when they revamped the site?

I do however recall seeing a line on the old page that spelled out "upgrade to best room available - suites excluded as well as RI and MVC properties" or something pretty similar.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

Personally not at the PP status yet, but being a Platinum member, this status does show up after I login.  I had asked on a seaprate thread what the benefits were for being a PP and it was never answered.  So thanks for the answer here on this thread.  I thought that there were advantages for being a PP, but I guess not.  They should add some more perks, for achieving this level.  I bet if you called up and spoke to a MR Customer Service person, that there might be additonal items.

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

Hi Lone6star,

The "official" perks of PP status were fairly limited, however a dedicated almost zero queue toll free number is quite nice (if you ever call the reservation line).  I have found that many of my stays are "upgraded" as a result of PP status.  It might not be in the black and white / letter of the law rules but I will definitely say that properties I have been to for years have been putting me into much nicer rooms now that I'm PP than when I was a regular plat elite member.  Also anytime I have been in Europe, I have always had an upgrade of some type.  Not always the presidential suite (though it has happened) but at least something bigger or better located or nicer view, etc than the standard room I reserved/paid for.  My upgrades on domestic stays are above 50% and a good number of those are into suites of some type.  Other perks I have noticed are being comped various things ranging from a soda from the market, to meals, to parking and other things.  As much as I like to think I have massive powers of persuasion I suspect my PP status plays into those freebies

I agree it would be nice to see some expanded benefits and there have been a number of threads here on the site discussing exactly what folks would like to see as PP perks.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

Thanks for the detailed response!  Though I am not a PP, many of the perks you have written about, I have received as well.  Perhaps it's the way I speak, or my presentation, or just plain luck!  Any way, thanks again for letting me know this information!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...