Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

1 2 3 11 Previous Next 157 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2013 9:03 PM by magnusfl RSS

Free Breakfasts On Weekend

musictomyears Platinum 6 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We have noticed that Marriott's in many places, are not giving platinum members free coupons for

breakfast when concierge is closed on weekends.  This really is about the only perk that

is left.  Why are they no longer giving platinum members breakfasts at Marriotts?  Is

anyone else noticing this?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 1. Re: Free Breakfasts On Weekend

Here is just a couple Marriott's and a Renaissance we have recently noticed no longer give free breakfasts to Platinum Members.

Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Solana

Tulsa Marriott Southern Hills

Renaissance Tulsa Hotel & Convention Center

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 2. Re: Free Breakfasts On Weekend
    flyingfinn Platinum

Yes, MPLS airport Marriott and Marriott City Center no longer give Platinum members free breakfasts on weekends.

• 3. Re: Free Breakfasts On Weekend
    mapka1 Platinum 2 Reviews

Greensboro Airport Marriott - He Actually laughed when I inquired about breakfast on the weekend, he stated "We are Corporately owned and we don't provide any snacks, breakfast, concierge lounge or otherwise to P or PP members on weekends, You are on your own!". So I stayed at the Winston-Salem  "Franchise owned" Marriott and found one of the best Concierge lounge ever (during the week) and a full breakfast (provided free to P & PP) on weekends!

PS Much nicer staff, bigger and cleaner rooms to boot! In fact I will be staying there, Winston-Salem again two more times later this month, for my work in Greensboro. Tata or so long to "Corporate owned Marriott's" at least in NC for me!

• 4. Re: Free Breakfasts On Weekend
    mapka1 Platinum 2 Reviews

Add Oklahoma City Marriott, to that list as well!!!!

• 5. Re: Free Breakfasts On Weekend
    iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

Here are the terms, per the 2011 Platinum Elite Membership Benefits booklet they sent me at the beginning of the year:

Guaranteed Lounge Access/Free Breakfast

Help yourself to light snacks/ beverages and complimentary breakfast during normal hours of operations (M-F) at JW Marriott hotels, Autograph Collection, Renasissance hotels or Marriott hotels (excluding resorts). Note the (M-F)

I questioned this about 5 years ago as well, as the Torrance CA Marriott would not provide weekend breakfast.  That being said, all other hotels where I've stayed have provided breakfast .

• 6. Re: Free Breakfasts On Weekend

I think where members get confused is some marriott's do and some do not provide breakfast.  Marriott

should step up and simply honor the members with a cooperate decision to give this perk.

Treat your members right and members will be loyal.  I believe they are going to find out

that loyal Marriott Reward members are going to find a hotel who will honor this perk!

• 7. Re: Free Breakfasts On Weekend
    gpurvis Platinum 1 Reviews

Agree, I posted a blog about this as well regarding no free breakfast for PE members at any Courtyard.  I stay in them alot and sometime prefer the locations and style to the "full service Marriotts".  Seriously, we would all forgoe the cheap gift or 200 points for a nice breakfast or lunch voucher.  Just a $15.00 restaurant credit would really go a long way.  A sandwich and a beer or full breakfast.  How about that Courtyard?  I really don't want to start looking at building points with other hotels, Hyatt, Hilton, Starwookd and now Best Western.

Thanks, great posting

• 8. Re: Free Breakfasts On Weekend
    gpurvis Platinum 1 Reviews

The Rennaissance Charlotte does.  Full buffet breakfast.  Nicve perk

• 9. Re: Free Breakfasts On Weekend
    designdeva Platinum 3 Reviews

MAPKA1 from a business standpoint how does this make sense.  Why would corporately owned properties NOT offer the benefit and franchise owned properties offer this perk?  Very poor move on the part of Marriott Corp.

I have found that lately I  have had to ask about breakfast vouchers on weekends but have never been turned down.  They are certainly not freely offered.

• 10. Re: Free Breakfasts On Weekend
    thecamel Platinum

The Shelbourne in Dublin does not give free breakfasts at weekends.

Shame, because the breakfasts there are the bect I've had at any hotel in the world!

• 11. Re: Free Breakfasts On Weekend
    iefbr14 Platinum 4 Reviews

When I asked the front desk about this, they said that Marriott corporate told all hotels giving free weekend breakfasts to stop it. In an effort to make Marriott experiences consistent, Marriott headquarters have told the properties to downgrade their offerings to a lower consistent standard.

After staying at the PHX Marriott for years every December, I checked in on 12/30/11 and was told the Plat free breakfast was discontinued "not more than 2 weeks ago". Still, no accomodation. I wasn't going to argue with them that the room was booked months ago under the presumption the breakfast was included, and to prevent a customer service issue, as a recovery they should have issued coupons for the final time, or offer some gesture other than "too bad so sad". (Not that the Cafe Azul breakfast is a draw by any stretch. but it's the idea of it). I changed my 3 night stay into a 1 night stay, and moved to a SpringHill for the rest of the trip, at a fantastic rate. SpringHills have a meager lobby breakfast, but it was more than the full-service offering in more and more cases now.

If you don't miss a full-service Marriott's lobby (I don't....I only experience the lobby passing through to the elevators), and slightly lower

grade soap, shampoo, etc, then you can save hundreds of dollars for no perceivable degradation.

Indeed, the beds in the +SPRINGHILL+ were much better than the Marriott...I got lucky as the SH was just renovated.

I'm questioning my habit of staying at full-service hotels on the weekends...I think I'm going to switch to cat 1 and 2 for the weekend. It seems that full-service Marriott revert to a class 0.5 on the weekends, so why not? You're going to miss a bar, in-house restaurant much less than you think.

My SH stay was better in so many ways: 65% better room rate, more TV channels on the 2(!) standard issue Marriott LG LCD flat-panel, a minimalist breakfast, and more comfortable beds than the Marriott I left early from. At SH, I got the same non-beverages that the Marriott offered....(although concierge room access was available, twice I called and twice they said they would refresh the drinks refrigerator, and twice they never did).

I think I'm done at that hotel.

• 12. Re: Free Breakfasts On Weekend
    klaus29 Silver

the  JW  marriott  in  jakarta.  free  breakfast    7  days.  with  smoked salmon, salami, 3  different  cheese,  and  mutch  more.

and  no more  at  10 person.in the lounge..  the  rich  indonesien peaple, dont  know   the  advantage  from a platium  card..

• 13. Re: Free Breakfasts On Weekend
    mikel Platinum

Marriott Marquis in NYC also declined to give vouchers for breakfast when I asked.  They offered to give me 1000 bonus points. BFD !

To add insult to injury, they also gave no free newspapers on therweekend as well. Full serrvice hotels have NO real benefits on the weekend.

• 14. Re: Free Breakfasts On Weekend
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

The M-F thing doesn't tend to include F evening. We checked in to the Philadelphia Center City Marriott last Friday around 1PM. The young lady at the front desk made a point, almost form letter-ish, to announce that the C lounge was closed and they don't offer compensation in the terms of breakfast. I guess they get so many complaints that they now make a preemptive strike to head off inquiries.

1 2 3 11 Previous Next