Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

19 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2011 4:44 PM by zukracer RSS

Time travel

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Maybe it is possible?

But, wouldn't it be nice if we could go back to the original intent of Marriott Rewards Insiders, where posting was mainly about travel and experiences related to travel?

I can hear the howls of derision as I write this since I am definitely guilty of meaningless blather in the name of posting status grandeur and I accept that with all humility.

pledge.jpg

Can we actually  pledge after the new year to start trying to make posts relevant to hotels, travel, and travel experiences we've had or we'd like to have?

I am ready, are you all?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Time travel
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

SS

wow.  I cannot believe what I am hearing.  Don't get me wrong, I truly want to believe.  So, Nr Norquest, I proudly take the pledge and welcome all others to sign on. 

btw, you have made my day!  thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I will believe it when I see it!!!

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Stepping Stones, this sounds like a great idea...in theory.  But, from what this site has become since "going social" and "counting posts", hard to imagine such a drastic turn-around.  A great example is my post right now...has absolutely zero to do with travel.  But, good luck with your suggestion.

nanaglo45 Gold 3 Reviews

Yes, definitely.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

The one thing I am confused about here is that only 140 insiders responded to the poll that asked if they were active  on Insiders. Insider's does not seem to draw a lot of Insiders to participate and contribute to the site. Seems like only a handfull of Insiders are really active here. It is possible that a lot of insiders go on the site and view the site but it certainly is not evident with the number of posters. This is true with the old site also.

could participation on this message board be any indication as to whether or not some of us have way to much spare time?  Not me of course...right now I am watching NC-KY Basketball while viewing the insiders site.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

YES, SS! If it were somehow possible to return the site to travel, I would definitely check in more often. As things are now, I have lost most of my interest in the site.

lakeshore Platinum 11 Reviews

I, too, Prof!

lakeshore Platinum 11 Reviews

I, too, would like to second Prof.'s post.  THAT is what I originally posted, but for some reason, I am having problems posting...don't know if it is the iPad or the site. Oh my!!! Is anyone else having problems??? I would post the question, but it wouldn't be travel related, and for some reason, I am not able to post things right now...just joking! I can reply, but cannot post. And, sometimes the replies are not in their entirety. And, I cannot delete them, so I look like a fool:)!

I have been wanting to post a review of the JW in DC. We had a wonderful time...I would highly recommend!

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

SS:

Count me in! I used to visit everyday but now I only view in about every other day....sometimes even less frequent.

It would be great to see more travel and helpful questions/info regarding travel experiences/expectations again.

Thanks for suggesting!

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

SS, Pingreeman, Prof and others,

Well said. I would certainly support a move in the direction you suggest.  Encouraging a wider range of participants is clearly desirable, particularly in the early days of a new (or refurbished) site; but, like others, recently it has seemed to me that the "populist" strategy of long chains of inevitably fairly empty inputs was in danger of switching off as many as it might initially have attracted. I'd be really encouraged by the prospect of reading, discussing and sometimes following up regular inputs  from 140 interesting, informed and enquiring participants. Just as I'm totally against being prescriptive about format and style, so I believe that quality of content and accessibility to geographically and culturally diverse audiences are the yardsticks by which a site like this will ultimately succeed or fail. 

A

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

well said arkwright!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

SS,

We have to something different, the number of emails on my phone and computer are overwhelming.  It is getting in the way of work.  I cannot start a day out with 100+ emails.  I am not trying to insult anyone, but we have to make this relevant.

Absolute;y true

Jerrycoin -- the only time I get an email notification from Insiders is when someone has sent me a private message.  Otherwise, when I decide to view Insiders, I go to the home page, look at what's recent, and then to my communications page and look at the unread messages/posts that appear interesting to me.  I couldn't imagine getting a email everytime somebody made a post on this site, no matter what the subject was or its relevance to a Marriott hotel.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Yes, I am turning over a new leaf tonight!

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I pledge to never pledge..that being said, I'll make an effort to be spot on from now on.

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

I'll take the pledge if you'll take the pledge to stop starting threads about this topic

Cross my heart and hope (not) to die!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...