2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2011 8:39 PM by razorbackfan RSS

Gulf Shores, Alabama

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We spent one night at the Category 4 Courtyard Gulf Shores Craft Farms on our way home from Pensacola following the Homecoming Show of the Blue Angels at the Naval Air Station.  The hotel is located 3.5 miles from the beach.  When we walked in, the desk clerk was very apologetic saying that they had tried to notify us that the hotel was undergoing renovations.  She was very relieved when we told her that we knew the hotel being renovated.  (We had gotten a phone call from a Gulf Shores number, but they did not leave a message and when I looked up the number it was not the hotel's number--I did not know they actually have several numbers.)  The clerk actually lowered our rate for our inconvenience and told us they were offering a free continental breakfast to everyone.

Our guest room was a typical Courtyard room and was in very good condition.  We will stay there again when we are in the area.  Renovations are scheduled to be completed by January I think.

(We stayed at this Courtyard on Christmas Eve several years ago.  We received a note telling us to put a shoe outside the door.  When we woke up the next morning, our shoes were filled with candy!)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Gulf Shores, Alabama, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Gulf Shores Craft Farms
  • Re: Gulf Shores, Alabama
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Once again, well written. I appreciate the info on these type of stays. I did some work in the summer in Mary Esther, FL and Gulf Shores. I stayed in between both at the SpringHill Suites in Pensacola Beach. I was very happy there. Right on the Gulf. Did you guys stay at a hotel in Pensacola?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Gulf Shores, Alabama
      razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

We stayed at the Springhill Suites in Pensacola Beach during the Christmas holidays last year.  It was a pleasant stay. We also stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Orange Beach on that trip.  We were upgraded from a regular room to a suite.  It's a well-kept hotel which is about 2 blocks or so from the beach.   I remember we set the alarm for the middle of the night and got up to watch an eclipse of the moon from our balcony. 

We've enjoyed eating at Lulu's and Lambert's (home of the throwed roll) in the area.

We stayed at the Courtyard Pensacola Downtown when we went to the Blue Angels show in 2009.   We also had a pleasant stay there.   I remember that hotel being one of two that has ever offered us the arrival points AND something from the pantry.  I also remember being on the elevator when it stopped on a lower floor and several EMT's rolled a patient into the elevator on a stretcher.  I told them I would get out and give them more room, but they wouldn't hear of it.  I wished the patient a speedy recovery as they wheeled her to the ambulance.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...