16 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2011 12:56 PM by tryt53 RSS

Lifestreams

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Here's a provocative view of the future of the Internet and of social networking. Worth a read IMHO

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Lifestreams
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

SS,

Most interesting, but I don't want any part of Facebook or Twitter.

They may be important to a lot of people, but not to me.  I enjoy MRI, and find it most interesting and rewarding.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

I'll stick with Insiders, and one or two more non-travel message boards that I play around with.  at this point, I don't see facebook in my future.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

I agree with Jerry and Husker.  No Facebook for me....  I enjoy MRI and it is plenty for me. 

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

SS,

I'm in the no Facebook" camp too..... for the same reasons as the guys (chaps:-) above.

I thought NU made an interesting point by implication: removing non-travel related material from MRI wouldn't mean that those who enjoy and value it would lose their only opportunity to participate along those lines; there are many, many alternative options.

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

If I want facebook, I use www.facebook.com; if I want Marriott information, I use www.rewards-insiders.com, simple as that. But this site has blended both and it is very, VERY frustrating that I find some posters who I follow (because of their extensive knowledge and experience with Marriott) posting, sorry to be blunt, garbage to which it is impossible to link a Marriott "justification" for creating the post..

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I hope we can resolve this

ss

agreed.  Maybe we need a "contract with America"  so to speak.  some of the criticism is getting personal and that is a very bad sign. Heretofore, we have been able to have our differences without personal attacks.  How about a single thread to identify what and how we all want the site to evolve? 

Or how about a single area for posting personal attacks? 

So if I'm Lamont, then who's Fred?

chaps...I like that.  thanks.

so, I guess the personal attacks will not be going away anytime soon.  that's too bad......but befitting of this reality show called MRI.

shoeman, are you replying to this post that I made:

chaps...I like that.  thanks.

Hope not, because I was actually complimenting and thanking arkwright.  Maybe we just need a common language to ensure no misunderstanding.

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

NU,

Appreciated ....I smiled (chuckled?)

A

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

OK, I see something that is going to make reading some of these threads a little strange.  If anyone goes out and removes some of their previous comments (as I did the last 2 days to clean up some of my more frivolous comments) then you have the option of deleting all the replies that were chained to that, or leaving them.  I know the ones I removed (by the way, I didn't delete one out of this conversation), I left the others because I didn't think that was my place to remove some other's comments.  What that causes, I learned, is for the reply, directly connected to yours, to be now flagged as a response to the posting directly above yours.  While I understand that this needs to happen because those replies would be orphaned in the chain, this makes for some threads that don't make a lot of sense.

Just wanted to point this out, and wonder if that happened here?

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Yes and thanks for contributing to this reality show

As the great Bob Barker would say "Come on Down"

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...