10 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2011 5:19 PM by jerrycoin RSS

No real bennefits at Resorts and Courtyards

gpurvis Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Why don't Marriott Resorts or Courtyards give Gold and Platinum members free breakfasts.  Realize that they have no Concierge Club but the breakfast, coffee and soft drinks are the only real benefit that you get from these advanced rewards programs. i think that these properties should give you free breakfast vouchers etc...  After all a free bag of chips or 200 points is really no incentive to stay at a Marriott over another property.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: No real bennefits at Resorts and Courtyards
    jdmckay Platinum 1 Reviews

I totally agree. The resorts give you absolutely nothing for being an elite member.  They need to look at their benefits program and make it a benefits program!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

I totally agree. The resorts give you absolutely nothing for being an elite member.  They need to look at their benefits program and make it a benefits program!

mi97tbird Platinum 33 Reviews

i agree, i think we the loyal should get something.

I nave stopped staying at courtyards or talk to inside sales about getting breakfest for my stay.

Sometimes it works.

They need to look at European and Asian Marriotts. They treat you right.  They have happy hour with complimentary alchohol, hot snacks, afternoon tea, etc.  It doesn't seem to matter whether or not it is a resort.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

JD,

Since I only travel in North America and Europe, I have had no complaints.  Have been treated very good at very nice properties, even on points.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

I agree as well.  You can also speak to the Manager and negotiate it to have it included in the price of your daily rate.

Indeed, once you reach Gold membership, why not start building points at Hilton or Westin etc..., Marriott should realize that they will start losing customers as they get established in the upper echelons of the programs.  Example... Once you reach Platinum Elite, you get free breakfast, coffee, soft drinks and and happy hour snacks at all Courtyard and resort properties,,, no big deal for Marriott but it would keep customers happy that they stayed with Marriott to get Platinum Elite membership instead of going to another hotel Brand all together..  thats a couple of cokes and some cheese and crackers Bill Marriott?. then we will start staying in Courtyards and Marriott Resorts and Vacation Clubs mutch ore often instead of looking into Westin and Hilton.  Believe me I love staying at Marriott properties ... WHAT SAY YOU BILL MARRIOTT??? 

HOW BOUT ANOTHER MEASLEY 200 POINTS OR A SMALL BACK OF CHIPS FOR NOT GOING TO HILTON OR THE RITZ?

overtime Platinum 1 Reviews

I have been staying at the Courtyard a lot recently.  Last time I checked into the Courtyard, I got a small bottle of water and a pack of 2 crackers! 

And obviously those wonderful things would cost the hotel so much that they were not offered until I fearfully asked: "may I get some bottle water?" 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...