5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 8, 2011 3:25 PM by jerrycoin RSS

DC with kids?

lakeshore Platinum 11 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hello! We are thinking of heading to DC for a homeschooling adventure with our kids, ages 10, 8, & 2 :). We would be like to be close to the monuments, museums, etc, and a pool is a high priority! Any suggestions and why? Thanks so much!

Lakeshore

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Washington, D.C., USA
Washington, D.C., USA
  • Re: DC with kids?
    ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Howdy... lots of good information - in various forms - here:

https://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/thread/8456 and here:

https://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/thread/8772- be sure to scoll all the way thru...

There are some other posts too - it's worth surfing the "community."

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Lakeshore,

ssindc, has always had great recommendations, especially when residing in DC.  That's what I did, and it really worked.

With three children, I would go for the best rate on a Residence Inn.  Consider a two room suite.  You would save a lot on meals, have more room and have two bathrooms.  The children would enjoy the flexibility of your hotel room.

Good luck!

Location Brand Hotel
    Washington, D.C., USA
    lakeshore Platinum 11 Reviews

Thanks so much for the info and recommendations! We ended up at the JW, which was fantastic. Customer service was outstanding and IMHO, should be the standard for all Marriotts. We were always greeted with a smile by all employees, and they would say, "that would be my pleasure," and other very polite things. David, who checked us in was great. The only small thing that wasn't done was his informing me they had given us the points as our arrival gift, however, we were upgraded, and he gave us a certificate for breakfast, as the CL was closed on the weekend. I was not going to complain:). I can't even begin to express how delighted we were with our choice. The location was great, the food and drinks were good at the restaurants, and there was a wide selection for breakfast, both in the CL and restaurant(the selection reminded us a bit of the CE in Paris, although the layout was different). My only complaint would have been the group of gals in the CL who seemed to not be very honorable about the honor bar...really, people, why???  But, that is no fault of the Marriott...perhaps that is why we don't have free wine and beer in America??

So, if you would like to be treated as valued guests, I would highly recommend the JW DC to anyone staying in our nation's Capitol.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

lakeshore -- glad you had an enjoyable trip.  you're right, the JW is a place I'd definitely go back to, and DC is a magnificent city.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Lakeshore,

Hope you had a room on the side of the hotel that faces the Mall.  That is one magnificent view.

Glad all worked out for you!  Any pictures?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...