1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 2, 2011 9:10 PM by painedplatinum RSS

Mobile, Alabama

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We recently spent one night at the The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel and Spa.  The hotel is a Category 4 and is located in downtown Mobile near the Convention Center.  The hotel was originally built in 1852 and is a member of The Historic Hotels of America.

We had reservations to stay at this hotel last December using the Elite Exclusive Offer BOGO.  We checked in with no problem, went up to our room which was very nice, then went back down to the front desk to pick up a map to Bellingrath Gardens.  At that time, we were told they did not participate in the offer and we could use points for the second night.  After a discussion, I told them we would just check out.  When we returned to our room to gather our belongings, I called the Platinum line and asked the representative what I could do about using the BOGO offer at a nearby hotel.  She called the hotel, made the reservation, and we were on our way.  We checked in at the Renaissance Riverview and were treated like royalty.

The reason that we returned to The Battle House was the general manager sent a gift certificate for a 1 night stay.  We decided to stay at this hotel on our way to Pensacola.  We were upgraded to a corner suite which was very nice (without asking).  When I asked about breakfast, I was told they used to provide vouchers, but no longer did. We had a pleasant stay; however, I will choose the Renaissance Riverview for future stays.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Mobile, Alabama, USA Renaissance Hotels The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa
Mobile, Alabama, USA Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel
  • Re: Mobile, Alabama
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Well written, RBF.  The hotel looks great in the pictures. I love those big old lobbies.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...