34 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2011 5:46 PM by nuhusker RSS

Seasons Greetings

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Did you all get yours in the email the other day from Mr. Marriott?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Seasons Greetings
    nanaglo45 Gold 3 Reviews

I only got mine today (Thursday, 12/1). I guess I'm not near the top of his list.....

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Maybe it was alphabetical?

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I got mine too.

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

Got mine today.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Got mine with no reference to Guru's!!!

typo?

• Seasons Greetings
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

haven't seen any such email.

I think you have to check that box on your profile that says "authorize the transfer of all my posting points to tryt53", before they starting sending you the holiday letters.

Most likely--mine came in a Rhodium envelope

how does that kind of envelope compare to plain white?

Almost exactly the same but different

When my Marriott CHristmas appreciations show up ticking, I usually don't think "Rolex in the box", but instead put it in water.  Later I wonder if the watch was waterproof.

EOD is my good buddy

Did I mention my first 6 years in the Air Force, were as a Bomb Loader?  EOD really was my friend, although I can think of some many good stories in my experiences in that career field, for another day.

Just ask yourself...what would Jack Bauer do?

Good series.  They just ran it about a year to two too long.  Had to watch the last season just as a matter of principle.

My wife and I will start watching the final season on netflix tonight.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

24 was a great series..I really enjoyed watching it!!!

traveler2 Platinum

Yes, got mine! But I was waiting for the part that said......Because you are such a wonderful and loyal customer we are rewarding you 100,000 extra bonus points in your account!! Didn't see that part!!

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I like the last sentence where Mr. Marriott looks forward to seeing us on the road......I wonder what he'd say to us?

Hey, if Jasper gets that MRI party approved maybe he'll come to that!

Nice of them to send us the e-mail though......

tef -- and others...where are y'all finding this email from marriott?

Actually, I didn't get an email.  I got a real mailed letter in a white (could be rhodium colored if held up to a bight light ) envelope.

you too?

NU:

I got mine in the regular e-mail on my PC. But, I have a PC and Laptop and use the laptop to access my e-mail while on the road. When I am on the road I go through a secondary provider and when I open the e-mail I sometimes get 15 or so attachments (some being months old, some weks old) that never showed up on my PC when I downloaded e-mail. I don't know how it happens (pingreeman can probably tell me), but it's weird to get that old e-mail from a secondary server point. Something in some system decided that the e-mails I didn't get were not going to be delivered on my PC. If I didn't have the laptop I would never have gotten any of those e-mails. Maybe yours is going the same way. I don't understand it, but just sayin.....

I have this company called Mediacom and even they can't explain to me why it hapens so go figure.

Any way, instead of an e-mail from Mr. Marriott, please accept from me and I'm sure everyone at Insiders....Merry Christmas!!!

Thanks, tef.  I used to have Mediacom so I am familiar with them.  Thanks for the Merry Christmas wishes, and I hope yours is the same.  Other than than, I have no idea what you're talking about in the first paragraph.

NU:

Thanks back at you.

In my paragraph about why you might not have gotten the 'Marriott Seasons Greetings' I was just saying that some of my e-mail never gets to me (and doesn't go to spam either) because some 'program' determines that it shouldn't come to me. That might be the same thing that happened to your 'greeting'. Then, when I later access my e-mail from a different computer, it somehow shows up...and that could be months later. It's wierd.

Got it, I think.  Thanks.

unionman Platinum 2 Reviews

Received on December 1 and figured it probably was a mass mailing

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Unionman

thank you!  Of course it was a mass mailing.  I am quite amused that this thread has lasted this long over a mass mailing........  welcome to Facebook!

mass mailing??  which mass do you have to attend to get this message?

hahahaha.  thanks husker, nothing better than a good laugh. 

well, thank you, Shoeman.  Of course I have plenty of time to laugh, or do other things, today, since my team isn't playing in Indianapolis tonight.  I have cancelled my two hotel rooms at the Indianapolis Marriott, but wish there would have been some way to scalp them like game tickets.

who won the nc/ky ball game?

KY by the skin of their teeth.  NC kind of choked with just seconds left...had the winning shot blocked, and therefore will drop even further in the poles.  But I respect both programs for being willing to match up in the regular season non-conference schedule.  They could each be playing the college equivalent of the Washington Generals I suppose.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...