7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2011 10:14 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Late Checkout Granted - was it my PP Status or Name Recognition?

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

This morning, I approached the front desk with a late checkout request; ironically, another guest and friend were asking about a late checkout. I'm guessing about their MR status, but I have a fairly good feeling they are not elites (sometimes you can just tell). Anyway, they were told 1:30 PM versus the normal 12-noon. OK - so now here comes PP-status with expectations of an even later time. I did ask for late checkout, 3PM or longer, and mentioned my status, but no, same answer, 1:30 PM. Now I know there are lots of posts about late checkout (occupancy and upcoming reservations constraints, scheduling of maid service, etc.), but I was surprised my PP status didn't buy me more time, especially considering official check-ins begin at 3:00 PM. <TIMEOUT - turn this into a poll!>

I have to update this discussion already because as I was typing, my room phone rang and it was the front desk saying that I could have up to 3:00 PM. The desk clerk had talked to the GM about my request. I guess having stayed here for the last 7 weeks or 30 nights, either my name rang a bell with the GM or he noticed my PP status!

During the brief time this was a poll, the GM called my room and asked if I was fine with the later checkout time. So I asked what was the deciding factor - status or name or other? Anyone care to venture a guess?

The takeaway, however, is that customer service won out in this scenario.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Late Checkout Granted - was it my PP Status or Name Recognition?
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Pingreeman..first I would have asked to speak to the GM in the first place when my request was not granted and if that did not work I would have called Marriott Customer Service...My guess it was because he recognized your name???

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

pingreeman:

I'll take the guess.....it was the fact that you have been staying for the last 7 weeks and...for all that business, it was the least they could do for you. I'm guessing your 'status' had nothing to do with it...or your 'status' was the second item mentioned in the discussion.

Nevertheless...it's good to see they were willing to work with you....for whatever reason. That's a GOOD thing.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Other

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Name recognition

moneyadvisor Gold

Interesting you mentioned you were at the SHS.  i have actually switched most of my travel to SHS.  Owning my own business, paying too much for Full Service Marriott that usually lack service does not make sense.  But recently I stayed at the Orlando Airport SHS and got the worst customer service from any Marriott Brand ever.  Went as bad as getting my first night comped and then emails discussion from GM who agreed service was not met.  Won't be staying there any longer, but will continue with SHS.  Mostly a big fan.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

I would go with name recognition as well.

• Late Checkout Granted - was it my PP Status or Name Recognition?
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Whatever the reason a good outcome!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...