17 Replies Latest reply: Dec 1, 2011 1:14 AM by anadyr RSS

ER

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just spent two hours in the ER and came home to become a Guru--life is good even during stressful times!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, England
  • Re: ER
    tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

GSS, Congratulations, not on your ER visit but on your new Guru status!  I'm guessing you are OK since you are home.  If you had to spend 2 hours in the ER to make Guru, I hate to think what happens when you finally make Jedi!  Or were you just getting plastic surgery because you were tired of looking like Robert Taylor?

Glad your back, REALLY!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

GSS,

Yes, like tryt53 says, "Glad you are back" and congratulations!

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I hope it was not the stress of reaching Guru that caused your ER visit!!!

Actually it was a kitchen mishap--I microplaned the tip of my left index finger and could not stop the bleeding.  Our hospital is nearby so we Er'd and showing my PLE card got us into express and out the door in two hours.  No stitches, but an admonition to be more careful--came home to achieve guru status through nine finger posting.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Just shows your committment to Insider's and the desire to be the best Guru in the World!!!!

How was the view from your room?  Did you get a nice upgrade to the concierge level, and an arrival gift?  I expect a full review with pictures.  On second thought, better hold the pictures for the queasy at heart.

Cancel the question about the view from the room.  I'm visualizing a lot of open-backed gowns running around.  Not pretty in most cases!

At our hospital every room faces the forest or the ocean, and there's a sommelier (though I missed the evening aperitifs) Food is served by folks in tuxedo shirts (I am not making this up).  Since I was there only two hours the valet did not finish detailing my Mercedes

Cool, I'm adding that to my bucket list.  Heavy on the "bucket" part.

check out www,chomp.org

Looks like a nice facility, and I can see what you mean about a nice view, at least from one picture I found there.

chomp.jpgIf you have to be sick this is the place to be.  Designed by the same fellow who did the US Pavillion at the 1964 World's Fair, Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula (CHOMP) is a all semi-private room hospital situated on a perch above the Pacific Ocean in the Del Monte Forest. Hank Ketchum, Eldon Dedini and others contributed art work to the place. As I mention the food and the wine are excellent, among the best on the Peninsula.  They actually have an excellent wine cellar and folks arrive in tuxedo shirts with dinner, even for guests,  I had beef wellington when my wife was in for minor surgery, and it was delicious.

E.R. Department is great as well, though I was not there long enough to get any food or wine--that was my aftercare therapy!

That may bring a new meaning to the word "pampered"

Beef Wellington,

You are making me real want to eat.  Did you know that was one of Winston Churchill's favorite dishes?

His favorite place to eat BW, was Simpson's in the Strand, in London (According to them}.

Thanks, I am going to dinner.

I have eaten at Simpsons a few times and love those rolling carts.  Yes Sir Winston was a perfect example of that old saw that Ben Franklin used to repeat, "Everything in moderation, including moderation!"

SS,

Just headed to dinner while enjoying "To Catch a Thief", on TCM.  You may enjoy these pictures!

IMG_1401.JPGIMG_1402.JPG

Location Brand Hotel
                      London, England

Memories flood back!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...