2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2011 3:03 PM by jasper100 RSS

The Ritz-Carlton Marina Del Rey

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We just completed a stay here over the long holiday weekend, and here are my thoughts.  As this was my first stay at a RC property, expectations were high.  I was able to get a government rate here of $125/night, so I jumped at the opportunity.  The property itself is a bit older, but very well maintained.  Some of the nice touches were bowls of fresh fruit and "flavored water" situated throughout the property.  The pool/jacuzzi area is also very nice.  We were upgraded to a "Full Marina View" room (but not Club Level), with a spectacular view and a small lanai with a table and 2 chairs.  The room itself wasn't very big, nor was the bathroom.  The beds were nice, but no better than a Marriott or JW IMO.  However, some of the amenities were a step up, such as razors, shave cream, slippers, good in-room coffee/tea selections, and complimentary bottled water.  Also, we noted that the towels were thicker and more plush than what we were used to.  The bathroom fixtures, escpecially the heavenly shower head were also a step up, but it was your standard shower/tub combo.  The TV channel selection was also pretty limited, not as good as some of the Marriott properties we've stayed at in the area.  The Lounge/Restaurant area was very nice, but we didn't eat or drink there mainly due to the prices. ($18 for a cocktail, $95/person for Thanksgiving dinner, for example)  But, that's OK, as there are several great restaurants within walking or short driving distance from the hotel.  The service - all the staff went out of their way to make sure we were happy.  The Valets, Front Desk, Concierge and Bell personnel were all very friendly and helpful without being snooty.

In summary, it was a great stay, but I probably wouldn't go out of my way to stay here versus a JW or even a decent Marriott/Ren. property, as the RC does not provide Club/Concierge level access per their policy.  Maybe someone can share their experiences such as the RC vs. JW in downtown LA.    Also, feel free to ask me anything I may have missed!  

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Marina Del Rey, California, USA The Ritz-Carlton
  • Re: The Ritz-Carlton Marina Del Rey
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Les,

Well done!  Driven by this property, but never stayed there.  Sounds like a very comfortable place.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: The Ritz-Carlton Marina Del Rey
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Thanks for sharing your experience with us..But I agree that for the higher cost associated with the Ritz Carlton versus a JW Marriott does not justify in my mind to stay at a Ritz..unless I am on expense account.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...