11 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2011 4:10 PM by jasper100 RSS

Brand ID

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Anyone been listening to Sirius/XM lately?  They been promoting the new Muppet's movie and have had the person playing Gonzo on the air. 

When asked who his favorite musician was he replied Eminem, then proceeded to sing/rap the lyrics to one of Eminem's profanity-laced ditties. 

So, I wonder, what does that bit of blueness do to enhance the Muppet image, even if only a few of us heard it?  How can a promotional idea get an audience of adults to see a movie by grossing us out on the radio?  What were they thinking?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Brand ID
    nanaglo45 Gold 3 Reviews

That's disappointing news. Why must children's innocence be so disregarded in this age of 'too-quick-growing up'?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

I agree and am ashamed that this promotion took this path, especially since it did not have to.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

SS,

Did not hear this, but it too makes me sick.  I listen to Sirius a lot, mainly the "Holiday music".

Just as well that you didn't hear it

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I do have to agree.  At the same time, I remember when I was younger (barely remember), and how the older generations (Oh, No, that's ME now!), were so horrified at the evils that we were into, such as the Beatles, long hair, etc.  Then I think about how every generation has to try to cross the lines that were there before they showed up, just to make themselves different and horrify their ancestors.  This seems to be one of those lines that someone feels they have to go over to prove a point.  As the lines keep getting farther and farther, with each generation, you have to wonder when the lines are so far gone that we worry about the whole race.  I remember the time when people wanted their children to save their virginity for marriage and the right person.  Now they just hope they don't get pregnant before they get out of high school.  Sigh, Ok, now I really am starting to sound like an "old" person.  I think I will go dig up my 8-track player now and wonder at the marvels of new technology.

• Brand ID
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Sadly, some parents will hear that garbage and still take their children to see the movie.  nanaglo45, I completely agree with you.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

What ever happened to the G rated muppets?

I think G stands for Gone

Jim Henson would not be pleased!  Started with Avenue Q I guess

Guess so.  Nothing is sacred anymore.  Just like hearing some of the really classic songs used in less than classy commercials.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Yes...What a shame!!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...