16 Replies Latest reply: Dec 22, 2011 4:22 PM by NathalieF RSS

Have the multiple repeating posts been addressed?

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

There is obviously a bug of some sort on here concerning the multiple posts. I'm not aware of it happening to me, but have seen it now on numerous occasions. The Prof had it happen the other day where her posts weren't showing on her end and she resent it multiple times. She was not the first. Has this been brought up? Is the host team aware?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Have the multiple repeating posts been addressed?
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I reported it to the Community Manager...Let's see if they respond and correct this situation!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Atta boy Jasper, I find that answer extremely helpful, 3 points for you.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I tried to NathalieF also from another discussion, but maybe I can add michellel2 and laurac to see if they can get us more attention on getting this fixed.  I am also finding a lot of emails that I am now getting that say "page not found" when I click on the "view full discussion" link, which is a new problem.  Seems like we have some real bugs popping up from the latest software update.

Marriott Associate Member

YAY - Andy is back from his honeymoon and will be tackling all of these niggling issues lickety split!  Thanks for your patience...

heatherjt Marriott Associate

We're trying to troubleshoot this issue but haven't actually seen any duplicate posts happening.  Would someone be so kind as to provide us with a thread where this is occurring?  Then we can work with the vendor to get to the bottom of this.  Thanks!

heather,

I don't necessarily see it as just a thread, but more when I follow a discussion from an email.  For example, I am answering this posting from my Communications box on the side, and I probably won't get the error.  But if I get an email, and then follow the discussion from a link in my email, and then post a response, I will probably get an error.  I will test this theory with this thread.

heather,

The previous post that I just posted did not get an error.  I will now try it from my email following a link to get here and see if I get the error.  I will update another posting in a second with the results.

heather,

Yes I got an error when doing the second posting following an email thread, but no error when I just answer from the communication box from the Insider's page directly.  Seems like something is loosing the trail as it tries to follow the users path from the email through the update process.  I could set up a GoToMeeting session so someone could see it on my computer, if you like.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Here is a good example that just happened on multiple posts

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/thread/8806

heatherjt Marriott Associate

Thanks guys, we're looking into it. 

And I think the multiple posts happen when the message for error in posting, people are trying it again, instead of just refreshing their browser page (like I found works for a workaround to keep from getting multiple posts).  When they get the error, it leads them to believe they didn't post so they try to do it again to correct the error, and each one they try actually posts.  Hope this helps.

Segments Platinum 4 Reviews

This sounds like what has happened to me.  I just realized my last post  (to a thread about rollover nights) showed twice so I deleted one of replys.   But yes, I get an error message, and thought it may have been my connection rather than the web site.  Message says something about an error posting message.

Heather,  the PLATINUM GIFT ON ARRIVAL thread has a bunch that just happened

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Thanks everyone for the information to help troubleshoot. As Heather mentioned, we're looking into the problem and will keep you posted.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Thanks painedplatinum, we resolved the issue with our maintenance last night. Should you come across this issue or a different error, this FAQ lists the information we need to quickly find a resolution.

I came across an error or a bug with this site, what should I do?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...