14 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2011 6:07 PM by nuhusker RSS

Airport Classics

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

62.jpgAt the Monterey airport today saw this gem parked in short term parking --given the little imperfections it looks like an original paint job but nice nonetheless.While taking the photo a 1960 Impala ans a 1969 Boss 302 Mustang pulled in  And all were in great shape!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Airport Classics
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Does that say Chrysler?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

No...1962 Corvette!!!!

Newn62 on the plate

Must be losing my sight! 

This has to be a very valuable car, a 62 Corvette.  I did not think they made them that early.  Thanks!

Actually the last in the series that was the original dating back a few years.

chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews

Don't you just love the classics!?  We have a couple on the drive ... my son's MGB GT V8 ... may not have quite the value of the Corvette but still a great classic ...

Cnv0232.jpg

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I too have had several MG's, such as a MGB, MGB GT, and the midget.  Always had some fun, along with some electrical challenges, and carburetor challenges.  So much fun to drive!

Great cars

Nice picture, nice car!

• Airport Classics
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Finally getting back stateside in 1974, this classic was typical of our patrol cars at Castle AFB, CA.  Nothing was too good for the AF.  Notice the battleship gray primer 1966 Ford Falcon in the background...that was my own personal classic.SP Patrol Car.jpg

• Airport Classics

Hill Street Blues had nothing on you guys!  My own personal favorite was a deuce and a half!

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Learned how to drive a deuce and a half at tan son nhut, but spent more time in the back than driving.  Yes, it was a classic.  As was the M151.

true

• Airport Classics
      tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I had an old 1961 Ford Falcon Station Wagon as my first car before I joined the AF.  Must have been the AF car of choice!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...