8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2011 12:26 AM by anadyr RSS

PA-MD Border - Nice Springhill Suite

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Enjoying a nice evening at the Springhill Suites in Hagerstown, Maryland (just south of the Pennsylvania border).

• Springhill Suites is increasingly winning my loyalty. This is (probably only) the fifth or sixth time I've stayed in one, but:
    • They're newer and, often, nicer than the Courtyards, and Courtyard is losing my loyalty by not offering breakfast, etc.
    • They offer 10 points per dollar, whereas Residence Inn (my longstanding family favorite) only offers five.
  • Comfy room, well, it's actually a mini-suite;
    • My son, the hotel snob - yes, Marriott Rewards, you've spoiled my son - pronounced the room "nice";
  • Convenient (albeit small) pool and hot-tub, with nice towels;
  • Very nice, friendly people at the front desk; and
    • they warmly greeted me and thanked me for my Platinum-level loyalty;
  • Convenient, easy access off Interstate 81;
    • Slightly strange mall location - not only adjacent to the Courtyard, but, literally, in the shopping center mall; and, finally,
  • Very reasonable rate.

What more can one ask?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Hagerstown, Maryland, USA SpringHill Suites By Marriott SpringHill Suites Hagerstown
  • Re: PA-MD Border - Nice Springhill Suite
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Stayed there and it was great!

It was Antietam that really made my trip so interesting.  A tragic civil war battle.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Everyone should visit and take the walking tour Jerry

SS,

It's a peaceful place now but what a  place to experience American History.

nanaglo45 Gold 3 Reviews

I agree that most Springhill Suites are very nice and with a fairly good breakfast buffet. (Whenever there's hot oatmeal I consider that good.)

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

The Hagerstown Springhill Suites not only had hot oatmeal (yup, nanaglo45, no instant packages here - and they had raisins and nuts and brown sugar too), but they also had:

• my son's favorite - the heavy duty (always perfect) make-your-own waffle machine - with two types of batter!!!
      • fresh fruit - an abundant supply of bananas and apples
      • a nice selection of boxed cereals - and, for this geezer, they get bonus points for having All Bran
      • bagels and muffins and other breads
      • yogurts and milks
      • coffee and juices
      • and there may have been more, but that's all I remember...

All of which begs the question, why would I stay at the adjacent Courtyard?????

ssindc,

Good question!

It seems like the SHS are really good or really bad to me.

Glad you had a good time.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

The State College SHS also has the same things for breakfast

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I like the SHS. I only ask that they add a 2nd TV vs. the swivel table .

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...