6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 27, 2011 5:03 PM by nanaglo45 RSS

New Orleans Springhill Suites

nanaglo45 Gold 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

On our recent visit to New Orleans, we stayed at both the JW Marriott (wonderful and I have previously reviewed) and the Springhill Suites (not so wonderful). I wanted to get a taste of both locations/properties and booked us into the Springhill Suites for our first three nights in NOL. Our train from DC was 3 hours late making us arrive at the hotel after 11PM. The first room we were given was unacceptable to me and they did accommodate us by moving us to another room. This SHS was just refurbished over the summer and so it has a fresh, updated, clean feel. Most of the rooms, unfortunately, face an inner courtyard and, for me. it felt somewhat claustrophobic. The rooms themselves feel spacious. The big problem is the housekeeping. On our first morning after arriving I placed the 'Do Not Disturb' sign on until we left at 11AM when it was removed. When we returned in the evening our room had not been serviced. The front desk insinuated that it was our fault by leaving the 'DND' sign on the door. I said it had been removed. Then I was told that I should have phoned the desk to inform them that I had removed the sign when I left. Hmmm. I ALWAYS put the DND sign on the door in the morning and always remove it upon leaving for the day and have NEVER experienced such a problem before. So, okay, the next morning I DO phone the desk when we are leaving as well as remove the sign from the door. Lo, and behold, upon returning later that day, again THERE HAD BEEN NO SERVICING!!!! The room was clean on our original check-in so I can't say that they don't do a good job when someone checks out, but, their regular day-to-day servicing is unsatisfactory and communications between the front desk and housekeeping are questionable. Apparently the maids only make one pass by the rooms and don't return to check the status later. All I care about is trash dumping and dry, clean towels, but we had to call every time after returning to the hotel.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA SpringHill Suites By Marriott
  • Re: New Orleans Springhill Suites
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Nan,

That is always a bad scene...no service.  I sometimes let the front desk know upon check-in when I would like the room serviced. That usually works.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Nan,

So sorry to hear about this SHS.

Had similar experience at another SHS, and prefer not to stay at them.

nanaglo45 Gold 3 Reviews

I have stayed at three other SHS and found them all to be pleasant and most satisfactory. They were all in California, though, so maybe that has something to do with it??

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I have stayed at a SpringHill Suites in Peabody, Massachusetts when visiting my mother as it is a mile away from her. I have always enjoyed the stays and the service (and free breakfast) has been very good. SHS is at the lower end of the Marriott spectrum and I wonder if there might be issues with certain locations?

nanaglo45 Gold 3 Reviews

I just received a very nice apology from the Springhill Suites in New Orleans regarding my disappointment with the housekeeping. (I had made a complaint at Marriott.com directly.) I was awarded a surprizingly large amount of bonus points for the inconvenience and irritation I experienced and consider it an extremely nice gesture on their part!! A very good business practice for loyal customers.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...