2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2012 4:00 PM by randomname RSS

Best Vacation Club Resort at Hilton Head???

reschaberg Gold
Currently Being Moderated

We are planning on going to a Vacation Club Hilton Head next year and note that there are 4 Vacation Club resorts at Hilton Head. Could someone please give me a head's up on which of these 4 is the best resort location to go to.  Thanks much.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Hilton Head, South Carolina, USA Marriott Vacation Club Intl Marriott's Barony Beach Club
Hilton Head, South Carolina, USA Marriott Vacation Club Intl Marriott's Harbour Point and Sunset Pointe at Shelter Cove
Hilton Head, South Carolina, USA Marriott Vacation Club Intl Marriott's SurfWatch
  • Re: Best Vacation Club Resort at Hilton Head???
    heatherjt Marriott Associate

Hi reschaberg,

Hilton Head is actually home to 8 different Marriott Vacation Worldwide properties - just to make the more decision complicated for you! 

I did talk to some folks at MVC, though, and tried to get the inside scoop.  Here's exactly what I was told:

"The main thing people looking to reserve want to know is the resort’s location in reference to the Ocean. Grande Ocean, Barony Beach Club, SurfWatch and Monarch are ocean front properties with direct access to the beach (at SurfWatch you have to cross a short walkway over marsh to get to the beach). Harbour Pointe, Sunset Pointe, Harbour Club, and Heritage Club are not on the ocean, but have views of the water (via inlet, harbor, river, etc). Among guests, SurfWatch and Grande Ocean are the favorites. SurfWatch has the benefit of being a newer site while still being very close (walkway) to the beach. Grande Ocean has the best location and the most amenities available."

I hope this helps you.  Since each property offers a variety of guest room types, family activities and recreational activities, it can get overwhelming.  The best resource to research the benefits of each property individually is marriottvacationclub.com.

Thanks,
    Heather

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Best Vacation Club Resort at Hilton Head???
    randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

Which is best will depend on what you think is good and bad.

I prefer the ones in Sea Pines as it's a gated plantation with low traffic and quiet.  However, if you have children they may prefer beach property.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...