11 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2011 12:39 AM by jerrycoin RSS

Seattle Marriott Stay

traveler2 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

On our way to the Big Island we stopped over in Seattle coming and going. On the trip over it started on a Saturday and we arrived after 8:30 pm. We were given a room on the concierge level but of course it wasn't open as it was Saturday. I did ask about the free breakfast for Platinum and she then said....yes I can do that!!  Note...I had to ask!  We left the next morning.  This night was a paid stay!

On our way home we came in on Tuesday, after 9:000 pm and was given a room on the 5th floor. Concierge level is level 6 through 9. After getting to the room and thinking about it I was a little frustrated. Went back down and asked why I was not given a room on the concierge floors and she told me they were booked. It didn't seem that busy. I asked how I happened to be the one that didn't get it and was told it was random and the computer doesn't even know how you booked the room. Yes, you guessed it.....this was a points reward stay!  By the way....I know it can be deceiving but the concierge room did not appear busy either. And if you are wondering, this stay was booked months in advance.

So my point is.....I just don't believe that you get rewarded when using your rewards. I have a hard time believing that its random. How is it that out of, say, 100 or more rooms I happened to be the one using a reward and the one that didn't get the next floor up? I realize I may not be the only one! Never the less, I really would like to hear some truth here. Any employees out there that knows the score and would care to enlighten me?? What is the rule of thumb when using a rewards and getting concierge level. Maybe it was just my luck of the draw but darn it....this happens over and over! I don't think its coincidence!!

So Marriott.....what are employees told to do for booking concierge level and rewards stays? how are rooms assigned? why do we always have to ask for what we have earned by staying loyal? why can it not be consistent throughout the Marriott chain?

So as not to be too negative....the hotel was very nice. We did enjoy it and would go back.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Seattle Marriott Stay
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Good questions. I think the excuse the Marriott Associate gave you was lame..I would have escalated it to a manager to explain why you would mislead a Platinum member and treat one like that..Another example of Marriott not rewarding their most loyal customers. Obviously at this hotel, the training is not working.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

traveler2,

Agree with Jasper!  There is something wrong here.

Which Marriott was this?  The Waterfront Marriott always was most pleasant for me to deal with.

I think you had the airport Marriott and that, like a lot of airport hotels, "Runs Hot and Cold"!  (Thanks SS, for the post and thought, NYC!)

traveler2 Platinum

Yes, airport Marriott. Hot and cold? I think Marriott needs to impress upon employees that consistency is key to getting return guests!  I guess I better just learn to speak up. But then again....I shouldn't have to!! Oh well, think positive. It was a nice hotel and I was on vacation!!

Traveler2,

I have had similar experiences with airport hotels.  They just don't have a lot of consistency. It must be the boom/bust environment of an airport hotel.

nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

I agree with Jasper and Jerry. There seems to be little excuse for that treatment. RE: airport hotels, I've usually avoided them because they are often overpriced because of the high rent they have to pay to be on the airport property and, secondly, in most instances, there are equally nice Marriott's a short distance from the hotel that are, frankly, nicer. I agree that airport hotels, regardless of chain, are a hit or miss situation. I've stayed in some that are fine, but others where the guest is treated like a true transient - "He's just catching a plane in the morning and we'll never see him again." To the ones with that attitude, their right - They will never see me again, no matter how many times I fly into that city.

• Seattle Marriott Stay
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Again we see the need to have every Platinum guest treated equally  no matter what the rate being paid

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

The random thing seems a stretch. I'm thinking the after 9 PM check-in may have had more to do with it. IF they had enough people to fill the concierge floors and IF the majority got there before 9 PM THEN they may have sold/upgraded enough folks to actually fill the floors. This may be more of the early bird catching the worm scenerio.

PP,

But if you have an advanced reservation, shouldn't they set aside a nice room for you?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Unless you have a guarantee, which can be voided, who get last pickings when you arrive late!

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Jerry,   Maybe I misunderstood. I read the original post as checking in at 9PM and hoping to get upgraded to concierge. If "traveler2" booked the concierge rate and they gave away the room, he' has a better argument., .

PP,

Good point!  But shouldn't they have known of a special guest?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...