8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2011 9:49 PM by anadyr RSS

Friday morning walks

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

DSCN9737.JPGI am fond of strolling the avenue (Scenic Avenue in this case) along the Pacific shoreline to clear my thoughts, pet some dogs, stand up straighter when young female joggers pass and wave, and think about what really matters. Not the points, the treatment by the folks (good or bad) at Marriott hotels, the time I spend away from home, but the chance to see the glory of a November morning. 

This time of the year the water is bluer than usual, the Ice Plant is turning red, and the rocks seem more golden than ever.  Here's to getting out, seeing the world, and forgetting our problems!  Cheers insiders!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Carmel, California, USA
  • Re: Friday morning walks
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Yes we all have something to be grateful for and should remember that with the upcoming holidays!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Amen

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

A man of a few words!!!

True, Jasper, very true.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

SS, and Jasper,

Great idea of walking, trying to do it for 30 minute's a day and enjoying it more.

Thanks for this post.

Getting the airs as they used to call it is always fun and stimulating--just ask my Cardiologist, the fellow I saw yesterday and from whom I got a clean bill of health

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

SS:

Glad to hear that you got that clean bill from the doc....no doubt about it, exercise (walking, jogging, etc.) is the best way to stay 'young'. as they say. We walk with our pups every morning at 5:30 (they are conditioned to wake up then...and if we don't, they get us up) and what a great time of day to get the fresh air and the exercise. Then, for me, three days a week at the gym and a 20 mile bike ride surrounds the gym visit (10 before the workout, 10 after). As long as my doc keeps saying my checkups are like someone 20 years younger than I am, I'll keep doing it.

Great news and keep on doing all that.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...