5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2011 4:22 PM by tryt53 RSS

Transfer Of Points

joda Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I read that only spouses can transfer points between each other.  In past years my son has transferred points to me.  Has that stopped or was it just overlooked at that time (about 3 years ago)?  In a few months my son wants to gift me some points.  Will it be allowed?  Same last name.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Transfer Of Points
    pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

I do not recall ever being able to transfer points to a non-spouse/partner wherease gifting has always been there, the latter requiring a purchase of points rather than a conveyance of points.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

joda Gold

We have done it in the past.  I hope they allow us to do it again. We never paid a fee.

joda Gold

We have done it in the past.  I hope they allow us to do it again. We never paid a fee.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I mentioned that my Mom got my Dad's when he passed away but have never heard of a pass down between generations.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I was told by customer service that you can transfer points between spouse/domestic partner, but didn't ask about children or parents.  There is no charge to transfer, and they send you a contract that you both have to fill in your Marriott account information and both sign.  They say it is a legal contract between the two people and therefore needs the signatures.  Let me know if you hear that it can be used for parents or children.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...