7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2011 1:17 PM by jasper100 Branched from an earlier discussion. RSS

Sydney Marriott - Bad Experience

Dana Brown Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I was just talking to someone in the Marriott in Rochester the other night who said that the Hilton awards are amazing,  They treat you like royality and are glad you are using them.  I had a VERY bad experience with the Syndey Marriott and will not go back there anytime soon

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott vs Hilton Point Value - Conclusions (Part 4)
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I would appreciate if you could share why you had a very bad experience with the Sydney Marriott!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Dana Brown Platinum

I am not all happy with the Marriott system at the moment and VERY seriously thinking of making a wholesale change to another hotel after the first of the year.  Look at how many nights I spend with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For instance, last night I checked into the Marriott residence Inn in San Mateo, CA

Got to the hotel at 8PM ish

It was like they did not even know I was coming, you would think that the Manager would go through the reservation list, flag the Platinum’s, have blocked a room with keys ready, so like Avis, you walk in, give them your credit card, they hand you keys and you are off to an upgraded room.

I got here, had to wait to check in, got to my room, smelled like moth balls, called the front desk and asked if they had upgraded rooms, she said yes, rooms with fireplaces, but they were all gone.

The plug in my room over the dining counter does not work where I tried to plug in my PC, so I lost all the work I did on the plane coming in.

And I could go on and on with problems with other properties– I am such a feedback resource to the hotel system and they barely ask me ever for feedback.

The ONE time, the ONLY time I ever asked Marriott for help was when I took my daughter with me to Australia.  Terrible experience.  Marriott has no control over the operating companies that run their hotels, and Marriott Customer Service in SLC does not want hear about issues or help in any way.

They could not even get my rewards and my account data to correlate.  I have no time for emails like this, I travel too much and expect quality service.

Sorry you had such bad experiences with the Marriott. I have had a few myself (as a Lifetime Platinum Member) that where I was  unhappy with their service. I hope this is not a trend as I have felt that Marriott has been dropping the ball lately on their service and I am concerned like you. One of our former Ambassadors on Insiders (Stepping Stones) recently stayed at the Marriott Marquis in NYC and also had a bad experience this past week which also concerned me.There have been times (not always) where I have called customer service and complained and they did offer to compensate me for my inconveniences. So, if you have time it might be worthwhile giving them a call to see what remedy they offer. Marriott better wake up and smell the roses or they will start to lose the trust of us most loyal customers and that will be hard to earn that trust back.

That is why I am look forward to the new initiative that Marriott is putting on insider's for us travel warriors to rate hotels. This will give hotels an incentive to provide better service or face the consequences of lost business and more importantly loss of revenues. I am hoping this will make Marriott Properties reflect on improving their service or face the wrath of Marriott Headquarters if a property receives too many bad reviews.

I have posted your complaint in a separate discussion to highlight your complaint in the link below.

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/docs/DOC-1091

Dana Brown Platinum

mARRIOTT rESIDENCE iNN - Scottsdale last week -

Needed direcions fromm the aiport, called the hotel 8 8,8,8,8,8,8,8 times and no answer, finally called Marriott 800 who helped me.  When I got there the excuse was - "I am the only one here".  Then get a figgin' prtable phone and at least answer!!!!  Got checked in, no single room suites - no upgrades.  The room did have fireplaces, but no offer to buy a log and since i was already undressed, missed that night with a fire.

Next evening, bought some ice cream fromm the freezer in the mini-mart, got to the room, partly melted/partly frozen - tasted like ****.  Then I learn that according to Marriott policy, they are supposed to check and monitor the freezer temp 3 times a day.

Another awful stay..........

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...