12 Replies Latest reply: Oct 26, 2012 4:14 PM by lone6star RSS

Marriott Customer Service Compliments

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

To be balanced, I am setting up a discussion of Customer Service Compliments. I hope we see a lot more compliments than complaints, Look forward to your posts here!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Montgomery, Alabama, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Montgomery
  • Re: Marriott Customer Service Compliments

I would like to compliment Marriott Customer Service for introducing the Birthday Gift of 1 elite night for MR members on their Birthday. A very nice gesture from the Marriott!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

realtyphyl Gold 10 Reviews

I never received such my birthday was this last Sept been an Elite member for 14 years...Please tell me how to get that B-Day night Thank you

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

First I've heard of this, I think.  Is this something I need to sign up for?  If so, how?  Thanks

communitymanagerCommunity Manager
        Good question nanglo45, the gift is for all Marriott Rewards members. We can only send the birthday gift to members that have opted-in to receive emails from Marriott (see my earlier screenshot) and have entered their birthday into their Marriott Rewards profile. - Enjoy!
        To add your birthday, sign-in to your Marriott Rewards account and click "edit personal information." Then under Membership Information, select the month and day of your birthday.
        birthday.jpg
        Try this.  If this is not available, Marriott claims your B/D is already in the system and you don't need to do anything. If you still can't figure it out, call customer service and they can help!!!

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

One thing to add to Jaspers good explanation.  My birthday was not showing, which implied my information was enrolled, and I called customer service to validate it.  They did have my birthday on record, but they DID NOT have me enrolled for the Birthday promo.  They took care of that right then.  I have always had my email set up and get emails from them all the time, and I never saw any emails regarding this promo prior to seeing it on our MRI site.  I always try to get signed up for all the promos that come along.  I would still call customer care to validate everything, until they can find a way to have it display in the promos you are currently enrolled in.

Thanks for adding this clarification..This should be helpful to anyone wanting to get the Birthday Gift!!!

realtyphyl Gold 10 Reviews

tHE PROBLEM IS CUSTOMER CARE POSTED ON WEBSITE IS NOT CUSTOMER CARE..WHAT IS THE NUMBER YOU CALLED?? THX IN ADVANCE

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

realtyphyl,

I called the Platinum Guest Services line, since I am Platinum.  I think the Regular Customer Service line should be able to do this also.  Did you try the following number?

United States/Canada

1 801 468 4000 (8:15am - 9:00pm, Monday - Friday, US Eastern time)

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

I had a nice experience with CS recently.  It involved not getting our arrival gift when we were checked out and checked back in.

The RI we've been staying at had sent us a bill on Aug 14 which was the date we had our reservation until.  My husband went over and extended the reservation before he left for work.  We both looked for different things that we were concerned with.  I was looking for the points, and he was looking for the bill from Diners'.  Neither appeared.  I called the GM and she said that all the points had been posted.  She didn't bother to say that they had immediately checked us back in and it would show as a single bill when they reached a little over $1000 for the month.  Their communication skills are terrible.

The bill came several days later and they had made it into one continuous reservation, with the rates going up on the 14th when we were originally checked out.  The points were posted and after waiting a while, I called the front desk to ask about the check in bonus.  She said she'd find out how to do it from the GM.  GM said she didn't know how to do it.  We make our reservations for several months and only get the 200 pts. ck. in bonus when that reservation ends.

After a a couple of weeks, I called CS and the girl said that even though it didn't happen to her, it was a terrible situation and she transferred me to a really nice young man, who after listening to the story, gave us 1000 points (to make up for some that we'd lost).     

Location Brand Hotel
    Montgomery, Alabama, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Montgomery
    taxman415 Platinum

I have had a need from time to call Customer Service for various issues and 99% of these calls have been positive experiences and my issues have been resolved to my complete satisfaction... I would give them a blue ribbon or a gold medal... Remember that no one ever calls to say hi or thanks but have problems resolve... Thanks for all you do for us...

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

Ditto!  But mine have been 100 percent (not bragging here)!   Have never come away from a CS conversation unhappy.  Now calling the marriott credit card CS and coming away unhappy, that has happenned to me.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...