Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2011 9:39 AM by jasper100 RSS

How about telling us the enhancements that are made to Insiders?

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I suggest that when Marriott makes changes to Insiders, they summarize those enhancements so that we know what they were so that we can take advantage of these enhancements!!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How about telling us the enhancements that are made to Insiders?
    tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I agree with that idea too!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

heatherjt Marriott Associate

We do tell you about any enhancements but I apolgize if you don't feel like you're getting enough detail.  If you are referring to the downtimes we've had - or will be having - this week, they are related to a number of items, not all of which are "enhancements". 

1) We improved the authentication process between Marriott.com and the Insiders site to comply with best practices and our own internal guidelines.  It shouldn't have any impact on your day to day use of Insiders and you most likely will not notice much of a difference in the sign-in process.  It was largely behind-the-scenes work.

2) As you may know we feed Insiders comments into Marriott pages such as Hotel Websites or the homepages that you access when logging in from a guest room at our hotels.  With the migration in September we had to pull those down so our internal team could begin re-absorbing them from the new platform.   Part of this week's launch is to turn them back on.

Both of these items go live tonight although there was pre-work Jive needed to do which is why we were down on Tuesday night.

3) We also launched the new homepage widget and other minor visual enhancmeents such as new icons, new copy, etc.  I honestly don't know all the details of what changed - lots of little things that hopefully add up to a better user experience - but when Andy returns from his honeymoon he can provide you with more specifics if you'd like.

Hope this helps.  

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Thanks for the update...I know we have down several time over the last few weeks and I thought that Andy had commented at one point that "see if you recognize the changes". I did not recognize any of the changes so therefore was wondering what they were. It sounds like you plan to keep us updated on the changes and that addresses my concern..Thanks for responding so quickly to my issue here!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...