6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2011 7:20 PM by jasper100 RSS

Feedback

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

As I  posted recently, I just wrote a long email to the GM about a recent, disappointing stay at the Marriott Marquis in NYC.  Less than a hour later the Manager, who is on travel, called his assistant, the Operations Manager at the Marquis, who then called me.  Total time elapsed between email and call was less than 75 minutes.  We chatted for about 30 minutes.

The results of that call were:

1. Mandatory charges (@ $2.50 a glass) for the delivery of two wine glasses to the room are a "New York Hotel Standard."  I told him I disagreed with the standard.  That charge is embedded and will stand. if I had actually ordered and used the glasses.
  2. Other issues I had mentioned will be fixed, he assured me, by speaking with the appropriate personnel. He can track who was in the room and when.
  3. Sheets are changed every third day unless the guest asks for a more frequent change, (I had wondered why in the past it was every day and now not so).
  4. He told me that the lack of hot water on one day (Saturday) was due to a valve problem, not the fact that everyone took a shower at the same time. He apologized for the message that I got from At Your Service stating it was overuse.
  5. He wished he'd known while I was there not later but as I told him it was virtually impossible to get through to AYS.
  6. We agreed that training is an issue here.

So, bottom line, sending an email does get results at the Marquis. We agreed that the need for training is paramount. Service is a constant not a sometime thing.  Was it perfect? No, does it soften my disappointment?  Not really.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York, New York, USA
  • Re: Feedback
    tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Unfortunately, that sounds like a lot of "canned" answers that will be hard to verify any results from, until we hear more feedback from others to stay there in the future.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Sure seems less than perfect I would agree. but a phone call beats a form letter any day. The hotel does seem to care, at least based on the effort to call me.

You're definitely right there!  A form letter always seems like a slap in the face, and just adds insult to injury.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I don't know..sounds like a bunch of excuses being made. At a minimum, he should have offered you some incentive to stay at the Marriott Marquis again, like maybe a suite upgrade or a meal or something on your next stay. I had a similar incident that happened at a Renaissance hotel in Florida, and the GM gave me a free night certificate good for one year (which I never did use) and told me to give them another chance and personally report back to him.. Nice Touch!!!

Really, I agree SS should have had least been offered something to try and make it up to you.  Next time you get a free night you decide not to use, I'll give you my mailing address

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Sorry..you need to be at least Jedi Level to get that free night!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...