3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2011 7:41 AM by pingreeman RSS

Platinum for less than 75 nights

into Platinum 16 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I saw a note next to my number of nights stating to the effect that I will need only 11 nights more before the end of the year to reach the Platinum Level even though I only had 50 nights up to that point.  Since that time I stayed at the hotel and used enough Marriott Visa that I reached 59 nights.  The note now says that I will be at Gold Level until 2013.  However, the note went away enough though it is only 11/16/11.  I am sure that I will have more than 3 more nights before the end of the year.

I called Marriott Rewards and was told that it might have been a mistake.

Has this ever happened to anyone?

I. Champon

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum for less than 75 nights
    into Platinum 16 Reviews

TYPO CORRECTIONS:  Here's the correct posting:

I saw a note next to my number of nights stating to the effect that I would need only 11 nights more before the end of the year to reach the Platinum Level even though I only had 50 nights up to that point.  Since that time I stayed at the hotel and used enough Marriott Visa that I reached 59 nights.  The note now says that I will be at Gold Level until 2013.  However, the note about the Platinum Level went away even though it is only 11/16/11.  I am sure that I will have more than 2 more nights before the end of the year.

I called Marriott Rewards and was told that it might have been a mistake.

Has this ever happened to anyone?

I. Champon

Please also reply to ichampon@gmail.com

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I haven't seen that before, but I will keep a watch on my nights to see if anything weird happens.

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

If, by chance, you are referring to the monthly e-mails on account activity, the "thermometer bar" that shows how close you are to P-status is rarely extended far enough to actually show you've made that status. Even though I had 100 PAID nights a couple months ago, the bar showed me about half-way between gold and platinum.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...