14 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2011 1:43 PM by tryt53 RSS

platinum room upgrades

shipwrecked Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

My wife and I are planning a trip to St Kitts early next year and will be using points for the entire 14 night stay.

As a platinum member should I expect an room upgrade, I would appreciate any feedback.

Thank you

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: platinum room upgrades
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Best thing to do is check directly with the hotel..But in most cases it is a hit and miss thing with no guarantee!!! However, I have found out that you are most likely to get an upgrade in International Locations..Good Luck!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

In fact, I would suggest you put in your record that you request customer service to put Suite Upgrade requested in your record. I always do that whether I am paying and/or using points!!!

klaus29 Silver

jasper

i dont have a  good experiance with the customer  service,no with a phone call, and 100 prozent not with the front desk for get a upgrate for a suite,.there get a commission.

for  me  the  best way, for get a suite,  1  week before my check in, i send a e mail direct to the  manager from the hotel believe me  this work to

80 prozent  for have satisfaction.  exuse  my poor englisch please

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

klaus,

Your english is fine, and we love to get new input from our newer Rewards Insider members.  Welcome aboard!

Klaus has been with us a long time..He just has not posted in awhile..So welcome back Klaus!!!

klaus29 Silver

hi

tryt 53

a warm  welcome to  you to  the  insider  communite  better  now  at  never.

and  grretings  from my  renaissance suite, with  the  view  of the petronas  tower  in  kuala  lumpur,

to  all  insider..

klaus

Hi klaus,

Hope you get some pictures to put up, of your room and the view.  Thank you

Sorry klaus,

As Jasper pointed out, it seems that you were around way before me, so you can welcome me .  Anyway, good to have you back!

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

When I went to St Kitts it was part of the vacation club pre-sales/visit/look around deal and they tried to stuff me and my best friend into a one bedroom condo.  I had booked a 2 bedroom during the arrangements portion of things and they really gave me a lot of trouble moving to a 2bed as agreed upon for the visit.  Not sure how the hotel there will differ but I would definitely reach out to them via the plat. desk to see what if anything can be done to ensure you will have the room type you desire prior to arrival. 

Remember that the hotel sits at the road side edge of the property and is the tall building in the pictures.  Its very nice inside but the villas for the vacation club are not part of the hotel and are the ones closer to the beach.  A room on the back side will have the nicer views and you probably want something on a higher floor so you can see more.  Actually as I recall, the views to the right as you walk in are better than to the left out the back of the property  

View of the hotel from the pool

100_0083.jpg

View to the right looking at the beach from the pool area

100_0081.jpg

View to the left looking at the beach from the pool area

100_0082.jpg

rmarcin,

Welcome to the site and this discussion.  We always like to get new Rewards Insiders added to the conversations, and we hope you'll get to be a regular!

nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

I agree with Jasper100 - the most luck I've had regarding upgrades is when I contact the hotel directly and either ask to speak to the front-desk manager or, on very rare occasions, the general manager. Developing the "personal" contact is much better than simply having "upgrade requested" noted on the reservation.

traveler2 Platinum

No! I would not expect an upgrade. In fact it rarely happens to us!  Book the room you want or what you feel you can live with and hope that it gets better. That way you wont be disappointed!

Some times persistence and elevating concerns to a Manager results in a suite upgrade. I have been very lucky in getting upgrades when I have been persistent!!

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

More nights, less chance of an upgrade in my experience.  One to four nights midweek seems to be the best way to get these. Hotels and resorts want to maximize their room revenue while pleasing their most honored guests, in that order. But call and see what they say.  Good luck

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...