21 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2015 1:12 PM by maddashin RSS

Pet Friendly Marriott Hotels?

tomagorn Silver
Currently Being Moderated

We just acquired a canine friend.  It's been almost 3 years since our previous friend died, and I've lost touch with the whole pet-friendly situation.  I know many Fairfield Inns are pet-friendly.  What other Marriott brands are pet friendly?  Any tips for international travel with pets?  Thanks in advance for your wise counsel.Elle.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Pet Friendly Marriott Hotels?
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Marriotts are a hit and miss about being pet friendly. You have to go to the individual property to see whether or not they allow pets. I do find it fairly costly to bring your pet as they charge a one time fee anywhere from $75 to over a $100 for a cleaning fee once you depart the property. I do find that Internationally that they tend to be more pet friendly.

I have taken my dog internationally a number of times both accompanied as well as separately without much difficulty.The airline to use if you are sending your pet unaccompanied would be KLM..They are well known to take very good care of pets. Also, I have used Continental in the past and that has worked pretty well also. Some airlines do not allow pet travel, so you will have to check with the airline on this!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tomagorn Silver

Thanks for the info.  I'm anxious to see how much micro-chipping helps the customs process on international trips.  Has your overall experience with Continental been good?

I actually found the customs process to be quite efficient as long as you have the appropriate paperwork. I am not sure micro-chipping adds a lot of value in my humble opinion. Although my experience with KLM was the best, Continental Airlines was also pretty good. Continental's website is pretty good at explaining the requirements. Of course, you need to ensure you are not bringing your pet into a country, like England, that have long quaranteed requirements. Additionally, you need to book far enough in advance, since only certain aircraft allow pets and there is a restriction on the number of pets per aircraft...I hope this helps you. Good luck!!!

tomagorn Silver

Thanks, Jasper.  I'll have a chance to try all this in a couple months.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

tomagorn,

I do see that there is a filter for pet friendly on the Marriott search screen.  I tried it for Portland, OR and it did narrow down my results to the 10 out of the 26 that have it listed on their sites.  Maybe that will help.

Good suggestion try53..This should help tomagorn find the hotel he needs!!!

tomagorn Silver

Thanks, Tryt53.  I've used the filter feature on Holiday Inn's web site but found that their info wasn't always up to date.  It's best to call the individual property to confirm their current status.

Good to know.  Thanks also!

randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

Most Residence Inn and Townplace Suites allow pets.  Forget regular Marriotts, Renaissance and Courtyards.

It is expensive, but for a member of the family, well worthwhile.

Some Marriotts and Renaissance do allow for pets..So don't leave them out of your search..I agree it's somewhat rare but some do!!!

You're right that many don't allow pets, but some do.  There is a Marriott that is pet friendly in Portland, OR.  The filter might be a good way to start, but checking with the hotel to confirm, is still the best way, to be sure.

sunlover50 Platinum 2 Reviews

I understand that Marriott should meet the needs of two types of customers: "Pet Friendly customer" and "No Pet /Pet Free customer" due to allergies. Marriott has chosen to offer the concept with Pet Friendly at Residences and Town Place. So, hotels with kitchenette are mostly Pet Friendly. I am in the opinion that Marriott should designate about 50% of Residences and Town Place "No Pet" and about 50% "Pet Friendly". With the current policy, "No Pet customers" have no longer access to hotels with kitchenette. I know many customers who left Marriott Marriott brand to another in order to stay in a hotel with a kitchenette and Pet Free.

Anyway, Marriott do the math it is more profitable to attract customers Pet Friendly even losing customers who need Pet Free hotel.

scakeart Member

I LIKE RESIDENCE INN I THINK MOST ARE PET FRIENDLY

maddashin Gold 1 Reviews

If I were to take my pets on a road trip this is where I would stay.  However, as I commented below it  is not good if you have to pay such a high fee and are moving around.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Just stayed at the brand new Residence Inn Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center: Fort Myers Extended Stay Hotels that was pet friendly.  I am not certain, but we did not find any pets on any floor other than the 1st floor so it might be a policy for this property and others as well.

wally3433 Platinum 2 Reviews

You should always include all hotels in your pet search.  There are alot of high end hotels in major cities that allow pets as well (not just Marriott branded).  It's nice to know that pretty much anywhere you go in the US, you can find a pet friendly hotel via Marriott.

maddashin Gold 1 Reviews

I do not consider a hotel that claims that it is pet friendly and charges for the animal to be there. 

If you are doing a road trip and want to travel extensively it is not a good idea to travel with Marriott.  They charge you each time you check if with your animals a very hefty fee.  So, I would have to pay Marriott or pay a kennel.  No difference.

maddashin Gold 1 Reviews

When you look at the list of hotels it will have a paw on their site if pet friendly.  Not every hotel in every group is pet friendly.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

The Residence Inn Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center: Fort Myers Extended Stay Hotels seems quite pet friendly with all their pet rooms located on the first floor and water bowls place in the hallway.  Not sure what they charge for a pet in the room, but they are always some dogs and owners roaming the facility.

gomer Platinum 2 Reviews

Marriott used to be much more pet friendly.  This changed about 9 or 10 years ago (?).

The Rennaisance chain historically has been more pet friendly; however I've noticed some changes as well.

If a dog is a breed that doesn't shed and is well behaved, I think they should be welcomed at any Marriott properties.

maddashin Gold 1 Reviews

I don't think it is the shedding that is the problem.