11 Replies Latest reply: Sep 21, 2012 12:04 AM by bpotter RSS

AC Hotels

bpotter Member 13 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Where are best  new the AC hotels located?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Alicante, Alicante, Spain AC Hotels by Marriott AC Hotel Alicante
Lisboa, Portugal AC Hotels by Marriott AC Hotel Lisboa
Milano, Milan, Italy AC Hotels by Marriott AC Hotel Milano
  • Re: AC Hotels
    mavericksmith Member 13 Reviews

What type of destination are you looking for?  Beach?  Mountains?  CONUS?  OCONUS?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

Well - hmm. . . there are 27 AC hotels. of which six are new, five are resorts, ranging from a Cat3 thru Cat8. Need more information.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Even if you can narrow it down by a general Geographic region you are looking for, it would help.

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

Dear bpotter,

I'd echo the points made above - particularly as I believe there are 85+ AC hotels now added to the Marriott brand.

As Pingreeman points out, they have been categorized across a wide range of Marriott brands. The great majority are deemed Courtyard-equivalent, though 4 are now "Autographs".

The great majority (75+) are in Spain, with 11 in Italy and the remainder in Portugal.

The distinguishing feature of the AC's is claimed to be their "urban location" - though it pays to be a little careful because this doesn't always mean "city centre" - and modern character/ambience.

You might also want to note that Marriott have also recently added part of the Italian Boscolo chain to its portfolio. These see themselves are "luxury" establishments.

Good luck

Thank you everyone.  I need to narrow my search but Spain is my choice

arkwright - because I am a numbers person, I was wondering where you came up with 85+ AC properties. According to the AC website (Top Luxury Hotels | Luxury Boutique Hotels | Historic Hotels) there are only 27 listed. Ditto on the Marriott site where you filter by brand.

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

Pingreeman,  Yes I too thought that discrepancy looked strange. As is often the case, I think the explanation lies in the differentmethods of  classifications used across the various"hotel" sites.

The link you sent to me routes to the Autograph collection - which does indeed list around 27, pitched at relatively high (and few) brand levels. Go to the general Marriott site, by contrast, search for Spain in the "Find a Hotel" window and you'll find 84 hotels lists under six brands. The great majority of these are AC Hotels (70+), classified at the equivalent to the conventional Marriott CY establishment; The same type of distribution - though off a much smaller base level - is shown on the Italy page.

To complicate matters, I have the feeling that there is some overlap between the two sites we are referring to.

I'm not sure that I've answered the question very clearly, but I hope the general drift comes across.

Have a good w/e,

A

Aha! I see what you mean. I believe the discrepancy lies within how Marriott categorized the ACs under two buckets: "AC" and "Autograph Collection" yielding two sets of hotel brands albeit one-and-the-same. My search by brand was "AC" only as to why I had but 27 world-wide. Using your approach and combining both bucket classes, I see 75 total for Spain.

Log into the web site, choose (1) Explore the Collections to bring up the interactive (2) Maps link as shown:

AC Hotels.gif

kndelta Member 7 Reviews

I have been to several, and had a wonderful experience each time!

I want to go to Kessler Canyon but they are often sold out

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...