4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2011 12:22 PM by jasper100 RSS

Courtyard in Greenbelt, MD - Disingenuous survey request

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

When I checked in, near the end of October, for two nights, they acknowledged my Platinum status and handed me an envelope with my name on it.  It contained a survey, which stated if I completed and returned it, I would get 1,000 points.  Well, I completed it and handed it in to the front desk clerk.  After several weeks, I had not received the points, so I called the hotel.  The person on the front desk who answered said, whether you got the points or not was based on your answers on the survey, but he said he would check with management that afternoon.  I have not received points or a call back as to why I didn't.  The points are no longer the issue - after all it is just 1,000 points.  The issue is now, in my opinion, that they wasted my time, got the data they wanted from me and decided not to award a Platinum member who has stayed at their hotel about three times in the last several months, with potential to have stayed there many more times in the coming years, having just picked up the region in July.  I will now look elsewhere.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Maryland, USA
  • Re: Courtyard in Greenbelt, MD - Disingenuous survey request
    pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

I would hate to see you give up on the CY-GB, MD because of a survey hiccup. Yes - if what you report is accurate, I too would feel I've had my time wasted. May I suggest one last effort to clear this up - call the hotel again and ask specifically to speak to the GM (or at least get an e-mail address) and do not be routed through the front desk clerk. It could be well worth your time to try one last call and the GM may award enough "frustration points" to make up for their falling down.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

It doesn't sound right, that your points depended on your answers to the survey.  That sounds like they are trying to stack the surveys in their favor.  This is definitely something I would elevate!

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

I am very pleased to note I just received the 1,000 points from the survey.  Thank you, Greenbelt Courtyard, for following through with this.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...