1 2 3 8 Previous Next 117 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2013 7:45 AM by cjkatl RSS

Purchase Marriott Gift Card and get Mucho Bonus Points!!! Ends 8 January 2012!!!

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Marriott has announced their Purchase Marriott Gift Points with up to a maximum 25,000 bonus points with the purchase of a $2,500 gift card. Not only that but if you charge this on your Marriott Visa Signature card you will get an additional 12,500 bonus points (5 points for every dollar spent on the credit card) for a total of 37,500 bonus points. A great deal that I take advantage of every year!!!

https://gifts.marriott.com/default.aspx

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 1. Re: Purchase Marriott Gift Card and get Mucho Bonus Points!!!
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Jasper,

That is a heck of a deal!

I plan on getting one!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 2. Re: Purchase Marriott Gift Card and get Mucho Bonus Points!!!

And the gift cards never expire and no fee associated with using them!!!!  And of course when you stay at the Marriott Hotels, you coninue to get the points for the stay, for a platinum member that is 10 points per dollar spent at full service Marriotts, for example!!!

• 3. Re: Purchase Marriott Gift Card and get Mucho Bonus Points!!!
    tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Jasper,

When you spend them at hotels, do you get the 50% premium on points for Platinum members (10 + 5 extra points per dollar)?  Also, are there any hotels that you know of, in or outside of the the US, that don't accept these?

• 4. Re: Purchase Marriott Gift Card and get Mucho Bonus Points!!!

They are accepted at all Marriott Properties and I have used them outside the US many times at the appropriate exchange rate. In fact, when you look at the value of the gift card, you can see the value at most countries exchange rates. You continue to get the same points at the hotel that you would normally get including the elite premium points. Believe me, this is a great deal for Marriott Customers and I have purchased my maximum to get the 25,000 Bonus Points ($2,500 gift card) for the last 5 years or so. Don't miss out on this great opportunity IMHO!!!

• 5. Re: Purchase Marriott Gift Card and get Mucho Bonus Points!!!

Another note on how these work. When you arrive at a hotel, you will give them the credit card you normally would use. Then on checkout, you put the charge on your gift card. A word of caution..It has taken a little more time a few times to check out when using the gift card. So what I do now is clear my account the night before I leave, just in case I am in a hurry the next day to leave the hotel, to which I let any remaining amount to be billed to my credit card. Of course the night before, I do ask them to bill me for the last night of my stay. Just a cautionary move to make sure I have no problem at the hotel in them knowing how to process the gift card!!!

• 6. Re: Purchase Marriott Gift Card and get Mucho Bonus Points!!!

You do get the 5 points per dollar (Marriott Hotel Spend) spent on the Marriott Signature Visa Card right after the credit card is paid off. You would get these points anyway using the Marriott Signature Visa Card for your hotel stay, you just get the points ahead of time because one would use the gift card in replace of the credit card.l..So I don't want to mislead anyone here..the 12,500 points would still be received but just deferred if you did not purchase the gift card as long as you eventually charge the hotel stay on the Marriott Signature visa card.

• 7. Re: Purchase Marriott Gift Card and get Mucho Bonus Points!!!

And the dollars spent on the Marriott Signature Visa Card also applies to the elite nights bonus also. Sweet!!!!

• 8. Re: Purchase Marriott Gift Card and get Mucho Bonus Points!!!

This is a great deal for Marriott Reward Members...

• 9. Re: Purchase Marriott Gift Card and get Mucho Bonus Points!!!
    pusher Platinum 3 Reviews

This was a great tip - saw the Hertz reward and put it on my list of things to do and this post reminded me to get it done.  I did break it down into 5 x 250 to get the Hertz rewards.  Marriott does take good care of us and I thank them for that.  I joined in the mid 80s when Marriott made their hotels cost equal to the TDY millitary rate.  One of the great American companies.

• 10. Re: Purchase Marriott Gift Card and get Mucho Bonus Points!!!
    shashack Platinum 4 Reviews

The Hertz reward is nice but it is an either/or situation.  You may either opt for the bonus reward points, the Hertz $50, or even a 10% addition to the gift card.  Only one of the 3 is allowed for each purchase.

• 11. Re: Purchase Marriott Gift Card and get Mucho Bonus Points!!!

I wasn't aware of the third option..Did not see it when I was there. The 10% Addition to the gift card may be a better deal than getting the bonus points?

• 12. Re: Purchase Marriott Gift Card and get Mucho Bonus Points!!!

I saw it there just now.  It was the AMT option.  It was listed as one of the 3 choices, right where you specify Hertz, or one of the other 2 choices (1 being AMT). It basically adds 10% to the value you are purchasing.  It definitely wouldn't let you combine it with the special where you put in your Marriott number and get the points for purchasing the card.  I guess for a $250 card you would get $25 increase in spending power, or if you use Hertz, since you get a $50 voucher for the same, you get twice the value for that choice.

• 13. Re: Purchase Marriott Gift Card and get Mucho Bonus Points!!!

Choices, Choices, Choices...which one to go with..are you sure you don't see dead people!!!

• 14. Re: Purchase Marriott Gift Card and get Mucho Bonus Points!!!

I liked The Sixth Sense a lot, too!

1 2 3 8 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...