19 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2011 12:14 PM by jasper100 RSS

Magnolia Bakery

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Yep, very good Jerrycoin--thanks for the recommendation!

DSCN9691.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York, New York, USA
  • Re: Magnolia Bakery
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I have never been here.  I will have to try it on my next visit to NYC.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

I ask that you use my name to guarantee better service and discounts, just use the code SSSS.

I am afraid if I use your code SSSS that they will charge me more. i certainly will  use that code at the Marriott Marquis based on the excellent treament you received there this week!!!!!

I will recommend you to room service!

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Did you make a purchase, Stones?  What looked good?

My wife had a complimentary raspberry iced tea, and I had a coffee, and we both had a yummy peanut butter brownie (my Liptitor needs to be doubled tonight). I should mention my reviewing for Zagat more often I guess.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

SS,

I wish I could take credit, but I have never been there.  It was another great person that wrote and recommended the place.  I have just seen it featured on the Food/Travel Channel.

Jerry. c'mon take credit!

It was Zukracer that recommended The Magnolia Bakery.

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

hey yeah, it was me   but glad ya liked it ... its pretty yummy...

I am sorry Jerry and Zuk, but age is a terrible thing and I forgot.  I was glad someone did--a neat place

Can I take credit...Maybe you could then transfer 1000 posts to me???

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

no worries, as long as you enjoyed it thats all that matters   Gotta wonder, did you try to pair that fancy vino with any of the delicate yummys from the bakery or did you just enjoy them separately 

Paper bags work wonders under the table

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

I too have stopped in when in NYC. It's definitely a good product (if not pricy) but what amazes me the most is how such an innocuous food item can garner a specialty store such as this in a city where rents are beyond astronomical. How many cupcakes do they have to sell to make a $40k a month rent?

Mike,

Good point!  What amazes me is how you can get great food at modest prices in NYC.  Granted their are places that you can spend all you have to dine, but there are many great places that a really reasonable.  Especially when rooms and transportation are so expensive.

Juniors next to the Marquis pays 100K a month rent--that's a lot of cheesecake

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

True about Juniors, however, every time I've stopped in there the place was packed and it didn't matter what time of day it was. And at nearly $20 a sandwich, it's easy to see how they make the rent.

Yes...I always visit on my trips to NYC and it is always full...Great Cheesecake there!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...