4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2011 5:35 PM by anadyr RSS

Occupied

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Lower Manhattan is the site of an ongoing "Occupy" protest that we walked by on the way to the Ground Zero 9/11 Memorial site.  Irony aside, the protesters were convined to a teeny park and erected what looked like a "barrio" in rural El Savlador or Brazil.  More police ringed the site than visible protesters.  One toldme that they had gotten over $700,000 in donations since they began, and I almost asked if they were going to pay their fair share in NY and US income taxes, but refrained,as always in the knowledge that some folks cannot see the humor in what they do.

DSCN9608.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Manhattan, New York, USA
  • Re: Occupied
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

SS,

Would not have asked that question either.

Be cautious around that area, I hope it does not get violent.  I saw what the did in London and while there they had the Westminster Bridge shut down.  Traffic is difficult enough in London, and this only made it way worse!

Have a great day tomorrow!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Seems most in the group were stimulated with good and bad things so I doubt they would have known what I was saying.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Approximately, how many protesters were there and did you feel safe being there?

I have to be judgmental here, but it seemed that the group was comprised of some street people, some recreational drug users (and perhaps dealers), and some folks who were true believers.  The NYPD was out in full force so it was a safe place.  Now there's a report of disease at the place, from too many people at the same place for too long.  I am afraid that the intent was pure, the execution poor, and the result (other than Media attention) non-existent.  As for nuimbers maybe 100 or so

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...