4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2011 1:05 PM by jasper100 RSS

9/11 Memorial, NYC,NY, USA

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We toured yesteday as some Insiders may have already done.Security is double that of an TSA airplane search.  But on a lovely Fall day it is a place that we visitedto recall and add to the memory of those who fell that day. New Yorkers refer to that day as the one the towers fell, perhaps their way of dealing with a tragedy of this magnitude.

DSCN9607.JPGDSCN9590.JPG

DSCN9599.JPGDSCN9584.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Manhattan, New York, USA
New York City, New York, USA
  • Re: 9/11 Memorial, NYC,NY, USA
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

SS,

These are touching photo's and thanks for sharing them with all of us.

I used to stay at the Marriott Twin Towers and remember the great time at The Windjammer Bar.  It was expensive but I miss it and the Marriott, as well as Windows of the World.  What a sad loss for all of us.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
    New York City, New York, USA
      columbussig Platinum

Stepping

I have my wife and mother in law staying at the Marquis next weekend.  They were told it is impossible to get tickets to the memorial.

Did you have an inside track?  Anyone know how I can get tickets?

Thanks

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

We did the reservations online.

Go to the website, national911memorial.org and see what is available. It is free but tickets are timed, security is massive, and wait times are short.  You are only admitted one half hour before the time on your ticket, but the security process is impressive, more than getting into the White House!  Good luck.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Thanks for providing these outstanding pictures so quickly SSSS..Appreciated!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...