14 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2011 2:18 AM by anadyr RSS

Stuttgart Marriott... yikes.

netmgr Platinum 7 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Recently made reservations at the stuttgart Marriott for myself and several team members.  Some members arrived several days ahead of me. They dislike the hotel so much they changed to a non-marriott property  (pullman hotel). Disappointed I had to spend 2-weeks in a non marriott but, the feedback was the hotel was very dated, slow internet and not near anything. The response was that it was "...like a bad old courtyard in NJ".

**** to post this blog they force you to select a location. It errors out unless I select the courtyard. This review is for the stuttgart Marriott not a courtyard.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Sindelfingen, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany Marriott Hotels & Resorts
  • Re: Stuttgart Marriott... yikes.
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Sorry you had a bad experience here!!! It's good that you get a chance to review this here to help other Insiders on their hotel deciions when visiting Stuttgart. With the new hotel rating system being implemented soon, this will let us insiders even have a bigger impact on our reviews and hopefully get Marriott Management to focus on improvement at these lower quality Marriotts.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Netmgr,

Sorry to hear about your groups experience at the Stuttgart Marriott.  Did want to share with you that I have stayed at The Stuttgart Marriott a number of times and each has been most pleasant.  The Steakhouse dining room was always good and I never had a problem with the room or internet. 

Granted it was a year ago, and things change, but again I had no problems.  The location was easy for me to get to Baden-Baden to the West, and Munich to the East.

The airport is one of my favorites, with non-stops service on Delta from Atlanta, I have found favorable fares in the past.

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

I disliked this hotel also and checked out after one night.

Old, old, old rooms, loud kids hogging the computer in the CL for hours with mothers completely ignoring them (finally had to argue with the front desk to give me a voucher to use the computer down there), CL wasn't open the night that I stayed, horrendous view from my room, the area was run down and didn't look particularly safe for a single woman.... checked out and moved to a non-Marriott property in Baden-Baden.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Stuttgart?  The city didn't make anyone's list of their top 5 European cities survey. What are some things a person would do while in Stuttgart?

The only memory I have of the city being mentioned was in an episode of Hogan's Heroes. The entertainment one evening was "Honey Hornblower and the Stuttgart Steppers".  I wonder if Honey is still around these days.

lakeshore Platinum 11 Reviews

Pained platinum, you make me lol!

On a serious note, though, did you ever go to the huge park near downtown? They have a great beer garden there, a planetarium, a pretty little lake with swans that will eat out of your hands, and one of the neatest playgrounds I have ever  seen. We only had  a couple of days there, but  it was fun! Don't know much about the rest of it, but I had to offer the good we experienced;)

Lakeshore,

Me too, I always had a good time in Stuttgart.

netmgr Platinum 7 Reviews

Good to hear that not all had the same experience with the Marriott. My trip was for business so didnt have much sightseeing time. The area was decent.  I did get to the Mercedez museam and would have to say its an incredible place. Worth the time to check out its history, see the building itself and lots of very cool cars.  Highly recommend if you have the time.

painedplatinum - too funny, had forgotten about Hogan's heros! what a great show, loved it!

netmgr,

Never made it to the Mercedes not Porsche museums, sure wanted to but never had time.  But really had fun driving on the autobahns.  Was doing 135 in a BMW 5 Series and people were PASSING me like I was standing still!

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Actually if you buy a Porsche you can take it out on their test track to try your nerves!

SS,

Did not know that!  My next Porsche will be European Delivery.  Just got rid of my 911 Twin Turbo/Cab., what a car, I can't wait to get another one.  Even Jasper would not guess this site.  That the Miss. River in a little town of Wittenburg, Mo.  A great Fall Day and driving thru the countryside was beautiful.

You do a great job of stimulating memories!PTDC0022.JPG

Check with the US Dealer when you arrange European delivery.  Not all buys result in a trip around the track, but most do

retired Platinum

My wife and I are heading to Germany in May. We just got back from our local Mercedes-Benz dealership and they said we could arrange a European delivery. We can pick the car up and drive it on our vacation in Germany (two weeks) then drop if off and they will ship to our dealership in the U.S.. They told me it would be cheaper then buying the car in the states. This way we don't have to pay for a rental car in Germany for our vacation and save money on the car. Hope this works out, we will see.

retired,

That's the way to do it!

If you can, contact the Stuttgart Mercedes Club.  You may be surprised at the insights they may be able to help you with.

Likewise if any of us can help you with "German fun", let us know!

Should be a better deal all around, and the car will be US compliant, which was not always the case in the last century/

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...