51 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2011 2:40 PM by jasper100 RSS

Great Offer for a Marriott Signature Visa Card

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Insider's, a current great offer for a Marriott Signature Visa card.

http://www9.chasecreditcards.com/marriottpremier/50?CELL=6Y04

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Great Offer for a Marriott Signature Visa Card
    newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

It's always the same old restrictions...

"This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time Marriott Rewards Credit Card Cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing Marriott Rewards Credit Card Cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer."

Since I already have the silver MR Signature Visa card, I can't upgrade to the Premier card and get this bonus.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thanks newhiltonmembr...However, there may be some out there that could benefit from this very good offer!!! I too am a Marriott Signature Visa Card holder and did already benefit from a pretty good offer but not as good as this one.

Newhiltonmembr..By the way have you considered appying for one for your spouse? I did for my wife and got a similar offer for her!!!

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Good point.  I have already talked to mine about doing the same.  Also, I think you can do a one-time transfer of points, which would help for pooling points together for a big trip.  Anybody know the particulars about point transfers, right off the top of their head?  If not, I will research that again.

I did not know of a one time transfer. I know you can transfer points but must pay a fee to do that!!!! Let me know what you come up with here!!!

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Thanks, Jasper100.  But, I'm not married.

This is the offer I got last year and took.  I have been in other card plans that had similar great offers, but current and past cardholders were exempt from those as well.  It seems these are targeted towards getting new business, not necessarily making the customers they already have, happier.

I did find this where you can call up the Marriott to transfer points to a spouse/significant other!!!

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/earn-points.mi#/1/

Ok, I talked to the Platinum customer service and they told me there is no fee to transfer points to and from your spouse/significant other.  It can also be done as many times as you wish.  They fax you a form for both of you to fill out authorizing the transfer with both of your Marriott numbers (or it might be 2 forms?), and then it takes about a day for this to happen.  Good way to take advantage of the card and combine your points for a big stay, or something like that.  He also said that if my wife stayed without me, even though she would be a Silver Elite (gets 15 nights stay from the card every year, making her at least Silver), I could call the hotel where she was going to stay, and see if they would grant her the CL or upgrades, and that may still be allowed.  Nice to know.

That is good news...I wonder if you can transfer the annual free night also so that you could benefit as a Platinum Member versus your spouse that may have lower status???

My guess it that if you are with them, you could check in under your status.  I am only guessing this because of what they said about the spouse maybe getting your platinum privileges without you, so you being there should almost insure that you were still treated as a platinum level.

Also, Has everyone seen the Refer a Friend Bonus Plan for a lot of points?  It might also be able to be used in conjunction with the getting a credit card for your spouse idea.  More points are always good!

https://www.marriott.com/marriott-rewards/refer-a-friend.mi

This great offer is still available. You may want to take advantage of this and consider applying for yourself and your spouse!!!

kndelta Member 7 Reviews

Great info.  Thank you!

hellouch Platinum

Is this offer only for US/Canada citizens?

Unfortunately, yes. 

klaus29 Silver

hellouch

the  marriott  visa  card  is  only  for  us  citizen.  but  the  gift  card  you  can byu.  before  the  8/01/2012. . 2500 us dollar  for  your  gift 

card  and you will  get   25000  rewards  point.           and  this  is  valable for  all  marriott  member in the world..

hellouch Platinum

Thanks for the reply!

I saw that in the fine print, and as you noticed, there is a Canadian application link too.  Let's hope they find a way to increase it to a more global means some day.

I believe Marriott is looking at increasing this to be more global some time in the second half of 2012 and will be issuing them in several different currencies!!!

Re: Purchase Marriott Gift Card and get Mucho Bonus Points!!!

lauracMarriott Associate

jasper100 - Great minds think alike!  Our Marriott GiftCard team tells me that they are actually working hard to have Marriott GiftCards available in Sterling and Euros in mid-2012! 

For now, you can take advantage of this Rewards offer by purchasing Marriott GiftCards online, at gifts.marriott.com.

I thought I also heard that Marriott is looking at Visa Card for Europe!!!

Yes, I also head that Marriott is looking at the Visa Card for Europe in the very near future.

Yes, the Marriott Representative above says " I thought I also heard that Marriott is looking at Visa Card for Europe!!! So hopefully that will come out soon. Lets hope so!!!

taxman415 Platinum

Will the use of Gift card count prevent me from getting credit for the current mega bonus which requires the room to be paid for with a Visa... or could I use a gift for 50% of the bill and pay the balance with the Visa and then get the credit for the mega bonus...

Thanks...

Good Question - Seems like it would..You will have to call Marriott Customer Service to confirm..Let us know the answer to that.

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

Another crazy thought for those that do not have Visa - buy a Visa gift card and pay for your stay - perhaps that allows the megabonus to accrue.

Good thought!  That definitely seems like it would work.

I don't know..I would certainly check into that..Don't you have to use the CC..not a gift card?

Not sure a Visa pre-loaded gift card would work, but to test a $50 card might be worthwhile.

laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings, Insiders,

Our Megabonus promotion team confirmed that yes, you can use a gift card for your stay payment and still get credit towards Megabonus -- however there must be a Visa logo on the gift card.  Hope this helps!

Regards,

Laura

This is very good news for Insiders..Thanks.

Laurac, could you clarify this as I just got a gift card from the Marriott which does not have a Visa Logo. When I looked at all the Marriott Gift Cards on line, I did not see any that had the Visa Logo.

I believe Marriott points cannot be turned into a prepaid Visa gift or credit card. But for the UK folks who were wondering, see http://www.visa.co.uk/en/products/visa_prepaid.aspx

laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings, Insiders - sorry for the confusion regarding the question about gift cards.  I was responding to pingreeman's question about whether or not members who do not have a Visa CC could buy a Visa gift card and use that towards Megabonus.  And the answer is "yes", you can purchase a Visa gift card to pay for your stay and get credit towards Megabonus.  Marriott GiftCards, however, wouldn't qualify for credit towards the promotion.  Hope this clarifies for you!

Regards,

Laura

So if we pay for a Marriott Gift Card with our Marriott Visa Card, will have it a VISA logo on the gift card?  And if there is a surplus on the card after your bill (such as getting a large gift card and using it for a lot of stays), do you just keep reducing the balance without any kind of service charge?  Als, is there any expiration date on these gift cards?  Finally, is it up to the properties to decide if you can use these on stays, or is every one (including outside the US) required to honor and accept these?  Thanks.

I have purchased may Marriot Gift Cards in the Past. You just keep reducing the balance without any kind of service charge. When you complete using the gift card, you just pay the remaining balance on you bil. In other words, you get to use the full value of the Gift Card. No Expiration on these cards. Most Marriott Properties honor the card. I have never had a problem with a Marriott hotel accepting the card!!  Hope this helps!!!

gardengirl Platinum

What is considered a "new" card holder?   My husband hasn't had a Marriott Visa for several years.   Some card companies consider this to be a qualifier for "new".  

Thanks for any help.  

I would think that would be a new user too, but you should check first.  You might consider getting it for yourself also.  You can always combine your points later too, if you contact customer service.

gardengirl Platinum

When I log into his account I can see he has been targeted with the 50K offer.   I already have one in my name.   We use to both have one but simplified down to just 1.  That was before MR acknowledged MVCI nights as a stay.  

Because both names are on the deeds, our MVCI ownership allows us to reserve rooms in either name & Rewards No..   There's enough activity for both of us to maintain platinum if I manage the reservations right.   This year I spent more time in the garden than managing the accounts so now he's short a bunch for keeping Platinum after the first of the year.   Having a card in his name will be helpful to automatically get him 15 nights a year plus nights for spending.   We always make good use of the Cat 5 certificate.   Keeping us both Platinum is mostly helpful if we have 2 rooms at a MVC property.   I reserve one in my name and one in his.   That way we get credit for 14 nights and not just 7.   When this happens we generally have friends with us.    They put all meal and fun charges on the room and we get the 15 points per dollar.  Another 5 per dollar if I cash out and they repay me.    It's a nice trade for bringing them on vacation.   

Sounds like you are maximizing points as much as you can.  Way to go!

gardengirl Platinum

Mostly I do manage the ins and outs of the MVCI accounts pretty good,  but I really messed up with reservations this year.   He has 26 nights and I have 165. :-(   I'll have 84 rollover nights but to maintain Platinum to 2013 would only have needed 60 with the automatic 15 from the Visa.    If I had looked at this earlier in the year he could have had the extra 24 in his account.   I'll need a spread sheet to keep track of reservations and both Visa accounts to manipulate nights into the accounts. 

p.s.   I added a picture to my profile when I registered yesterday but it's not showing.   Does it take time for approval?

gardengirl,

My showed up immediately when I added mine.  I do see that your profile has a picture of a garden house, but I don't see that you have any avatar yet.  If you select an avatar, or upload your own personal one, and add that to your profile, you should see something other than the generic person profile on your posts.  Is that what you are looking for?

klaus29 Silver

whe  have  luck in europe.  after  10 years  whe  get  to  the  same at  the  U.S.A.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Klaus,

That is good to know!

Let us know how we can help you in the US with travel tips.

I find so may people from other countries confused about the US, just ask us, we are glad to help.

Insiders may want to consider this outstanding credit card offer!!!

klaus29 Silver

only  for  the  U.S.A   and  mid  2012  for the  uk.

in my  hometown  paris  whe  have  banks , in all  europe  to..   but  for  us  nathing.,  nada.

no  marriott  visa  card.  why?  only mister marriott  know.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...