4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 9, 2011 12:25 PM by tryt53 RSS

IHG BPG O FNIF

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Not a code, but a small note that came with my statement this moth from IHG:  (IHG Best Price Grantee or First Night Free)

We're so sure the best prices for our hotels are found on our website that we're standing by it with the most powerful guarantee ever.

Find a lower price elsewhere and your first night is free. Get this and more with our Book With Us Advantage.

Interesting concept and perhaps the start of a trend in the loyalty and lodging business?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: IHG BPG O FNIF
    tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Does that mean they are so sure they are offering the best price, or does it mean that they have a threshold that they won't go lower than, and won't provide lower prices to the budget discount on-line travel agencies?  That way, they'd be pretty sure there wouldn't be a lower price coming from some discounted site.  Either way, still nice to see things that look positive for the consumers!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I checked and it includes all sites but Priceline, etc.  I suppose Orbitz is OK but need to read more of the fine print to be sure.  I will

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

I have yet to see a lower price for a Marriott on any other site which includes some of the "multi-site" search engines.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I haven't either, now that you mention it.  I have seen some of the specials that Marriott already has for supposedly "elite only offers" advertised, such as the Sand Dollar special, available through some of the discount travel sites though.  Interesting.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...