A few things you may already know but just in case...
1) The earlier you check flight costs the better. The airlines normally will raise the fares once inside of 21 days. A $500 ticket on Dec.1 can go up over $1000 by the middle of Jan for a Feb 1 flight.
2) Hotel deals come and go as far as availability is concerned. If you're checking out rates and see something you're considering, you can book the room and always cancel later. That way if you find something better, no problem.
3) It looks like you're a Silver Elite with Marriott. There may be some specials specifically for Elite members. Check the Marriott.com website.
4) If you have saved up a tidy some of points, use the booking tool by checking "use reward points" to see how many nights the points will cover. Keep in mind that 4 nights point stay gets the 5th night free.
5) Consider using points for part of your stay and cash for the rest.