15 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2011 5:36 PM by anadyr RSS

What I don't like about (fill in the blank's) loyalty program is?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Many of us are members of more than one hotel's loyalty program.

If you had to choose one thing you really dislike about each of the hotel frequent stayer programs to whch you belong , what would it be?  Here's my list

1. Marriott:  Platinum is really just Gold Plus
  2. IHG:  Internet not free for highest level elites unless you join the Ambassador Program
  3. Best Western: no comment,just joined
  4. Hilton Honors: too,many promotional emails for the credit card which I can't shut off
  5. Omni: Limited experience with the program
  6. Hyatt:  More requirements than the IRS to keep current
  7. Fairmont:  Limited hotel choices
  8. SPG:  Ditto for me at least.
  9. Sheraton: not a member

That's my list, what about yours?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: What I don't like about (fill in the blank's) loyalty program is?
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I don't care for the chains where points expire over time even if you stay active. I think the one that comes to mind like that is ChoiceHotels.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

friedmanm Member 8 Reviews

I'm not a fan of programs where you don't get free breakfast as an elite member.  Starwood comes to mind. 

I also don't like programs where top-tier elite members don't have suites as part of the standard upgrades (Sorry, Marriott! )

Mike         

mapka1 Platinum 2 Reviews

What I don't like about Marriott's Loyalty Program??

Well I can say from experience as I am both a Platinum Member w/130+ nights so far this year and a Hilton Diamond Member: (The reason I have both, is my company has certain cities that are Hilton direct bill).

Hilton's, Double Tree & Embassy Suites give suites upgrades without question, nearly every time, to Diamond members (Platinum in the Marriott World).  If they don't, just mentioning your status (which is a requirement of the front desk staff to welcome you), and that is usually all it takes to get upgrades to the best available suite. I have found more than not, Marriott will put Platinum members w/115+ nights on on the CL level, but unless you bring up a upgraded room/suite's, no further room upgrades will be offered!! Also mini refrigerators ALWAYS have to be requested and sometimes refused (Ah la sorry we are out or we don't have any) at Marriott Hotels. Please DON'T ask anyone, at a Marriott or JW Marriott Hotel, to cook you a bag of popcorn in a microwave!!! 50% of the time I have been told "It's against our property or hotel rules"! However it not against the rules, if your upgraded suite has a microwave (Long Island Marriott or JW Marriott Atlanta). With the exception of JW's and a certain few & fewer nicer Marriott hotels, the appetizers & breakfast in the CL, is way-way below normal in this year!!

travelalot2 Platinum 1 Reviews

I am with you... I have 120 nights so far and the majority of the Marriott properties do not recognize me as a platinum member. Once in a while I will see my name on a list wow! Almost never offered an upgrade unless I ask for it. What has my goat right now I am trying to use points to go to a New York property in December. I want two rooms which will be a ton of points and one of those rooms I want with two beds. Not available. I called figuring if I spoke to a person I could get some help. Sorry I don't see this as an unusual request but basically was told tough and in fact I felt that the person answering the phone on the Platinum desk was borderline rude and I got the feeling I was bothering her. I have a choice in hotel chains and travel more than 45 weeks a year so next year I am seriously thinking of using another chain. I am with you mapka1 Platinum members get no respect or special treatment... just give me your money and shut up thank you very much.

mpmondin Platinum 1 Reviews

I am extremely disappointed with my Platinum status. I have stayed over 200 nights in the last 16 months and am currently staying at the Marriott New York Marquis. It is amazing how insignificant a Platinum member is treated here. No upgrade, no chance. No refrigerator after changed room (no upgrade offered again) because of suspected bed bugs, chaotic breakfast in Concierge Lounge ONLY from Monday to Friday. NOTHING at all in weekends, no offer for free breakfast and treated in contempt by "at your service". At your service?!?!? Really, this should be renamed to "Why are you calling, don´t bother me?!?". Oh yes, when changed room, lost an object in the change, no feedback on search/lost or found, no word from a manager, nothing. Only the bellman seemed to care and was scandalized by the red spots all over my arm. This stay will end on Nov. 22nd and will probably be the last stay for me at Marriotts.

Something is amiss here, and as I have posted, there seems to be little in the way of Platinum Perks.  I have yet to be welcomed as a Platinum Premier or Lifer, but that's par for the course these days

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Another example of the Marriott's service going down hill. It is sad to here that your experience at the Marriott Marquis was less than satisfactory. It will be interesting to see what response you get from the General Manager and other senior management. Most likely it will be some form letter to you.

Sadly Jasper I bet you are right. 
          When I was Director of Public Affairs for a government agency (which shall remain nameless) it fell to me to write letters to taxpayers who questioned this or that.  It was at the dawn of insert para A here, but I resisted the form letter reply route.  Any letter that ended with "we thank you for..." I avoided.  It was not always easy answering folks but, just as at Marriott the only reason we existed was they paid our bills!

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Wow, sounds like you had very bad experience at the Marriott Marquis...Did you elevate your concerns to a higher level of Management. This seems to work for me when I do it, even though it is a pain in the neck and should not have to do that as a Platinum Member!!!!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Are hotel stays going the way of airlines?

I hope we do not have to go in that direction.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...