2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2011 1:01 AM by pingreeman RSS

Dish Network

whitewater Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I stay regularly at the Hunt Valleym, MD location. Excellent staff and outstanding conceirge breakfast....the fruit is unbelievable perfect every time.

But one thing drives me crazy. They have Dish Network and my complaints fall on deaf ears. Every stay this year (probably > 20 nites) the system has been down for either brief moments or for nearly the entire evening. They say it's weather related. Ok, some nites it was raining but when it's not they tell me it could be bad weather at the transmission end of the signal. Quite frankly that's lame. It rains and storms all over this planet. Get rid of DIsh if its service is that unreliable. I'm note a couch potato but if I want to watch the news or a movie and relax for the evening then I expect the system to be available. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Hunt Valley, Maryland, USA
  • Re: Dish Network
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

whitewater

I experience the same thing at the Marriott in Stamford, Ct.  Sometimes a channel will just not be available, other times, the screen continues to break up and freeze time after time.  I hear the same thing, it's always the weather...

Also, I find it weird that the workout area is on a different system with different channels, etc.  

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Dish Network
      pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

I stayed at a FF for 23 months and they had Dish Network, too. However, having gotten to know the GM, we chatted about channels disappearing, having video but no sound, sound but no video, etc. The vast majority of the time the culprit was a "router" that sends the different channels and signals to the rooms rather than the satellite service itself. This FF had Dish installed by a local cable/satellite service as a full turnkey operation and provided all the maintenance. Getting replacement routers sometimes had delivery lead times of up to 10 days, so I would find the same channels missing the next week's stay. ARGH!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...