3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 3, 2011 12:52 PM by pingreeman RSS

Group Reservations and Marriott Rewards

kristyw Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone in the group been involved in any of the group reservation rewards programs?   If so, how did the reservations work out for you?   What are the Pros and Cons to Group Reservations vs. Individual Reservations you have encountered?    Also Marriott has a current promotion for Group reservations (attached), events etc. that is something that I don't think Hilton or others can compete with for group reservations.   Take a look.   Thanks for your input.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Group Reservations and Marriott Rewards
    pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

I know of several folks that have done the group activity, but will focus on one specifically. My wife is a scrapbooker and her "representative" aka, salesperson, will oftentimes host a weekend cropping. The salesperson is also a sister-in-law, so I am privy to the inside-scoop. This weekend is a cropping at a CY in Schaumburgh, IL, but it was better for the S-I-L to book a negotiated group rate that to use the points bonus program. It appears these are mutually exclusive - best rate or points. I believe 30-35 scrapbookers have signed up for the weekend.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

kristyw Platinum 3 Reviews

Nice.      When I do group reservations for the most part they work out really well and working with one person (Group Sales Manager) at the hotel directly is a bonus.    I have had them on many occasions throw in the meeting room for free depending on the extent of the stay.   You might want to share that with the S-I-L and her "representative"     

I have built so many relationships with Sales Managers at Marriott Hotels and we often stay multiple times at same locations depending on what projects we are working on.    Once past "new client" comfort zone, everything works great and there are many extras they will do for groups staying at their hotel - all you have to do is ask!!!   It can't hurt, right?

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

kristyw - good information and if I was not clear, the S-I-L does speak directly to the sales manager and gets the choice of: a) bonus group points, or b) a greater room discount. She normally chooses "b" to pass on the savings to her cropping customers rather than earn the points.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...